* 11th and 12th Graders: do you have an interest in global trade and logistics? If so there is a great opportunity for an after school program through the Port of Hueneme. Students will gain hands-on learning experience to the opportunities and operations at the Port. Topics include Port Hueneme’s role and economic contribution to global trade, automobile transport, shipping lines, logistics, finance and accounting and more! See your counselor or Ms. Stuteville for details and an application. Apps are due 9/30.
* The Community Law Enforcement Academy applications are due 9/25 for interested Juniors and Seniors. Students will have the opportunity to explore and discuss topics such as criminal justice, policing, domestic violence and crime scene investigation. See Ms. Stuteville for details
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
* COLLEGE PRESENTATIONS in the College & Career Center, please sign up to attend!
September 22 CSU Channel Islands, Arizona State Univ.
September 25 UC Santa Cruz, Grand Canyon Univ., FIDM
September 30 Humboldt State Univ., UCLA
* SERVICE ACADEMY NIGHT is Tuesday, Sept. 23 in the Library. Freshmen-Seniors and their parents, are cordially invited to attend, if student may be interested in attending or to get more information about any of the Service Academies – US Naval Academy/Annapolis, US Military Academy/West Point, US Air Force Academy/Colorado Springs, US Merchant Marine Academy/Kings Point, or US Coast Guard Academy/New London.
Congressional nominations are required to apply for any of the Academies.
* ASVAB results interpretation will be on Tues. Sept. 30 in room C-4. Passes will be sent throughout the day. Please have your teacher sign the pass to excuse you.
* Robotics Club: Anyone interested in building and programming robots for the 2014-2015 VEX robotics competition season, come to room J-3 today at lunch.
* Do you have an interest in filmmaking or video production? If so, make sure you stop by G-5, Mr. Alba’s room every Wednesday at lunch to meet and work with people that share the same interests. Even if you don’t have video equipment, we want you to come and participate.
* Join Leo’s Club and support the local blind and their guide dogs in our community. First meeting is Monday,
September 29th in Mr. Rope’s room, H-5.
* Baseball: There will be a meeting for all freshmen and any new player that wants to try out for the baseball program Wednesday, October 1 at lunch in room M-4.