- 11th and 12th Graders: do you have an interest in global trade and logistics? If so there is a great opportunity for an after school program through the Port of Hueneme. Students will gain hands-on learning experience to the opportunities and operations at the Port. Topics include Port Hueneme’s role and economic contribution to global trade, automobile transport, shipping lines, logistics, finance and accounting and more! See your counselor or Ms. Stuteville for details and an application. Apps are due 9/30.
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER
- COLLEGE PRESENTATIONS in the College & Career Center, please sign up to attend!
September 30 Humboldt State Univ., UCLA
- ASVAB results interpretation will be on Tues. Sept. 30 in room C-4. Passes will be sent throughout the day. Please have your teacher sign the pass to excuse you.
- Teens Club will be holding their first official meeting of the year today at the beginning of lunch in Ms. Su’s room, J-1. Come help us kick start a great year. See you there!
- Speak easy, speak free, come to spoken word in room T-8 every Monday for a new view on speaking and writing.
- Spanish Club will be meeting in room A-10 during lunch on Tuesday, September 30th. Everyone is welcome.
- Join UNICEF to help kids in need! Our first meeting is today, September 29th in room C-2.
- Join Leo’s Club and support the local blind and their guide dogs in our community. First meeting is today in Mr. Rope’s room, H-5.
- Do you like Doctor Who? Do you ever wish you could hang out and watch episodes at lunch? Great! So does Ms. Valenteen. Come fly your nerd flag and join the Doctor Who club on Tuesdays in C-8 at lunch.
- Do you have an interest in filmmaking or video production? If so, make sure you stop by G-5, Mr. Alba’s room every Wednesday at lunch to meet and work with people that share the same interests. Even if you don’t have video equipment, we want you to come and participate.
- Baseball: There will be a meeting for all freshmen and any new player that wants to try out for the baseball program Wednesday, October 1 at lunch in room M-4.