House of Representatives met on Wednesday this week during first period. ASB asked each teacher to send one student from their class to participate in this meeting. Students were informed about the upcoming events and activities on campus and about concerns from the administrators. Students were also allowed to discuss any issues facing them and their peers on campus. At the conclusion of the meeting, students were released back to their first period classes (with notes) to share the information they gathered with their teachers and classmates.
Superb Staff this week:
- Chris Quinn, Teacher
- Heidi Resnik, Teacher
- Tawney Safran, Teacher
- Kevin Buddhu, Teacher
Jostens’ Representative John Zavala was on campus this week speaking to the Seniors in their English classes. He gave them information about ordering graduation announcements and caps and gowns. He will be back next week to collect their orders, once they have had time to discuss options with their families.
Athletes of the Week:
- Girls Tennis: Brittany Lavenant
- Girls Volleyball: Taylor Brown
- Varsity Football: Jason Ramirez
- JV Football: Westin Graczyk
- Freshmen Football: Noah Swindle
New Marquee on the Gym roof:
Have you noticed? We have a new Marquee on the Gym roof! As students and staff pass the gym during the day they can see messages and other important information.
Results from Ventura County Cross-Country Championships:
- Varsity Girls: 4th place, Kylee Yturralde and Melissa Bell made the All-Ventura County Team
- Varsity Boys: 9th place
- JV Girls: 5th place
- JV Boys: 4th place
- Frosh-Soph Girls: 3rd place
- Sophomore Boys: 6th place
- Freshmen Boys: 5th place
Athletics Team Scores:
- Girls’ Tennis was victorious over Glendale, 12-6, in the Wild Card Round of CIF Play-offs
- Girls’ Tennis lost a close match in CIF play-offs to Troy High School, 10-8.
- Freshmen Football beat Royal High School, 28-0.
- Boys’ Water Polo lost to Royal on all three levels.
- November 8 SAT in A-Wing
- November 11 HOLIDAY – Veterans’ Day NO SCHOOL
- November 12 Computer Literacy Test in N-4 at 3:10pm
- November 13 Collegial Collaboration Day
- November 24-28 HOLIDAY – Thanksgiving NO SCHOOL
- December 1 Fall Sports Awards Night