Happiness is not a goal, but a by-product.
* Seniors: It’s time to order your cap/gown and graduation announcements. Jostens will be collecting graduation orders on Thursday, November 13th from 0-5th periods in English classes. Also, Thursday evening, November 13th, 6:30-8:00 pm in the cafeteria.
* Attention NHS Members: There will be a general club meeting Friday, November 14th, at lunch in the gym.
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
* Are you interested in becoming a Pilot, Air Traffic Controller, Mechanical Engineer, or other hands-on career? Come experience it in a simulator! The Simulator Truck will be here today, Nov. 12 from 10:00am-2:00pm. See Mrs. Prentice in room C-4 for more details.
* BIG BROTHERS & BIG SISTERS- clerical volunteers needed! See Mrs. Prentice, room C-4 for Info.
* NEED SCHOOL SUPPLIES? 10 @ $100 scholarships. Pick up application in room C-4.
* Hey Scorps! Do you have interest in French Culture? Well, come out and join French Club! We meet every Friday at lunch in room A-9, Ms. Garcia’s class. You do not need to speak French and/or be in French class to join. See you there.
* SpongeBob club meets Wednesdays at lunch in room i-2.
* KIWIN’S meeting every Wednesday at lunch in the gym.
* Science Club: How often have you said, “I wish I could have done”…Now is your chance to join Science Club and take Field Trips of a lifetime! Our next field trip is in December to the California Academy of Sciences and the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Come to our next meeting on Wednesday in room M-5 at lunch to find out.
* Please come join American Red Cross club on Thursdays at lunch in room C-8. See Ms. Valenteen if you have any questions
* Spanish Club will be meeting in room A-10 on Tuesday, November 18 during lunch.
* Any boys interested in playing recreational lacrosse for the Prowlers, please see Mrs. Perez in the office for a flyer. Registration is open until November 30th.
* The following position(s) is/are available throughout the district:
COACHING VACANCY – Hueneme HS Boys’ Tennis Coach. Interested coaching applicants contact Pablo Gallegos firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline: November 20, 2014
COACHING VACANCY – Oxnard HS. Girls’ Track Coach. Interested coaching applicants contact Rick Garcia email@example.com Deadline: November 20,
Oxnard Union High School District: Grade Report Schedule-First Semester
Friday, Nov 21 End of Progress Grading Period
Friday, Dec 5 Grades Mailed Home
Friday, Jan 16 End of 1st Semester
Friday, Jan 23 Grades Mailed Home
ACHS CALENDAR-Events through December 6
November 13 Collegial Collaboration Day – Collegial Day
November 24-28 HOLIDAY – Thanksgiving – NO SCHOOL
December 1 Fall Sports Awards Night – Gym – 6:00 PM
December 3 House of Representatives – F-1
December 5 Winter Sports Rally – Gym – Rally Schedule
December 6 SAT – A-Wing
Varsity Sports Schedule- Through November 29
Date Sport Opponent Place Time
11/14/14 Varsity Football * Lompoc * Away* 7:00 PM
11/15/14 Girls Varsity * Cross Country Varsity * CIF Prelims @ Mt. Sac Away * TBA
11/22/14 Girls Varsity * Cross Country Varsity * CIF Finals @ Mt. Sac Away * TBA