ACHS is a Newsweek/Daily Beast Top 700 High School in the nation!
We were informed this week that ACHS ranks 554 out of all high schools in the United States! ACHS is a great academic college prep high school. This success is due to a great staff, supportive parents and highly motivated students. Congratulations to the ACHS family for our continued success.
Jostens was on campus visiting Senior English classes this week taking orders for Graduation……items such as caps and gowns, invitations, etc.
Naturally Green Club is hosting an E-Waste Event on November 22, 2014 from 10:00am – 2:00pm in the ACHS Parking Lot. Please bring your electronic waste!
Canned Food Drive
Camarillo High School is working to support FOOD share this holiday season by collecting cans for their 3rd Annual CAN-Tree Collection. All cans will be donated to the FOOD share bank which serves thousands of children, seniors, and families every month. ASB placed bags in each classroom to help with the collection efforts. The homeroom with the most cans collected by Dec. 2nd will receive a pizza party.
National Letter of Intent Signing Ceremony
Today at lunch in the Quad the following four ACHS student-athletes participated in the National Letter of Intent Signing:
- Sophie Bales, Jamestown University, Girls’ Soccer
- Taylor Brown, Cal State East Bay, Girls’ Volleyball
- Emily Orosco, Sacred Heart University, Softball
- Matt Whitney, University of San Diego, Baseball
CIF Play-Off Football Game
The big game is tonight! We will be playing at Lompoc High School, with kick-off at 7:00pm. Come out and support our team!
This week’s Superb Staff
- Tammy Boyle, ASB Bookkeeper
- Bill Dowden, Teacher
- John Gonzalez, Teacher
- Rochelle Sullivan, Teachers’ Assistant
Student and Staff of the Month Celebration
On Wednesday ASB held a special celebration during lunch in the quad to honor our:
Students of the Month:
- Amy Shim
- O’Brien Flores
- Clarissa Lane
- Julian Thoos
and our Staff of the Month:
- Mark Storer
- Bruce Ritchey
- Bonnie Mills
Congratulations to all!!
Our teachers have been meeting with their departments this week to collaborate and to discuss the Common Core and the new SBAC, as well as many other items.
Athletes of the week:
- Varsity: Marissa Gonzales
- JV: Jessica Yuan
- FS: Vanessa Tran
- Varsity: Spencer Gravel
- JV: Jaime Valencia
- FS: Michael Pillado
Results from Coastal Canyon Cross-Country Championships:
- Girls’ Varsity took third place and has qualified for CIF Prelims.
- Boys’ Varsity was fourth place.
- Girls’ FS were 1st place and League Champions. Congratulations to Vanessa Tran for winning the race!
- Boys’ FS finished with a tie for fourth place in the league standings.
- Girls’ JV took fourth place.
- Boys’ JV were second place.
- November 24-28 HOLIDAY – Thanksgiving NO SCHOOL
- December 1 Fall Sports Awards Night in the Gym – 6:00 PM
- December 3 House of Representatives in F-1
- December 5 Winter Sports Rally in the Gym – Rally Schedule
- December 6 SAT in the A-Wing
- December 10-11 Blood Drive in the Cafeteria, Periods 1-6
- December 11 Collegial Collaboration Day
- December 18 Collegial Collaboration Day
- December 22 – Jan. 2 WINTER BREAK NO SCHOOL
- January 5 Welcome Back from Winter Break!