Bulletin for the week of March 20, 2017
* Help Prevent the Spread of Norovirus (“Stomach Bug”) Norovirus is affecting some communities. Ways to prevent it…
- Clean Surfaces-Clean frequently touched surfaces with soapy water, rinse thoroughly with plain water, wipe dry with paper towels, and dispose of paper towels.
- Disinfect Surfaces-Prepare and apply a chlorine bleach solution which consists of ¾ cup of concentrated bleach and one gallon of water, leave surface wet for at least 5 minutes, and rinse all surfaces intended for food or mouth contact with plain water before use.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
Flyers with additional information are available in the ACHS health office.
* Calling all artists! The OUHSD Farm to School program needs a logo. Nutrition Services is hosting a district-wide art competition to find a logo for our new program.
- Who may enter: Any OUHSD student
- Submission Deadline: April 3, 2017
Student Nutrition Advisory Councils will be reviewing all submissions and sending finalist to the Board to make the final selection. Top 3 Finalists will win a prize (TBD) and winners will be notified in mid-April. Forms to enter the contest can be found in the front office with Mrs. Westbrook, Mrs. Safran’s room (T-8), and Ms. Grafenstein’s office in the girls’ locker room. Please return the form with your submission to one of these 3 locations by 3:00pm on April 3rd.
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
* Scholarships: The following scholarships are due soon:
- ESA Youth Scholarship Program: if you have a parent who is active duty in law enforcement Deadline March 24th
- AOC Mugu Crows Scholarship: if you’re interested in science and technology fields apply. Deadline March 30th
- ACHS PTSA is pleased to offer the Lori Colby Memorial Scholarship. Four $500 Scholarships are available to ACHS PTSA Student Members. Apply now, deadline is March 24th and applications can be found online at www.adolfocamarilloptsa.org under Committees/Scholarships.
- Dear Cancer It’s Me Essay contest: Deadline May 17
* Join Interact Club: We are a fun community service club that meets every Tuesday in room L-1.
* Are you interested in getting easy volunteer hours to help build your resume? Join the Shaka Club! Meetings are Wednesdays at lunch in room K-4. Follow @Shakaachs on Twitter for updates. Boom-shaka-laka-boom!
* Are you interested in joining a club that fundraises and volunteers in the community to provide educational opportunities for underprivileged students? Join Global Scholars Club. We meet Wednesdays at lunch in room L-9. See you there.
* GSA meets every Wednesday during lunch in room A-12. Every type of person is welcome! Come meet new people, create new friends!
* There’s a Kiwin’s meeting every Wednesday in the gym at lunch.
* Spongebob Club meetings take place in room i-2 on Wednesdays at lunch.
* Buy Candy Grams for your friends before Spring Break. Craft Club will be selling Easter Bunny-Grams on March 30th, 31st, and April 3rd. They will be 1 for $1 or 3 for $2. Craft Club will be deliver the candy-gram to your friend’s 1st period the Thursday before Spring Break along with whatever message you choose to write inside the bunny and a piece of candy. Look for us in the quad to buy your own.
* For the complete Spring Sports Schedule, please visit http://www.ouhsd.k12.ca.us/blog/achs-spring-sports-schedule/
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE
Friday, April 7 End of 3rd Quarter
Friday, April 21 Grades Mailed Home
Friday, May 12 End of Progress Grading Period
Friday, May 19 Grades Mailed Home
Friday, June 16 End of 2nd Semester
Friday, June 23 Grades Mailed Home
ACHS Community Calendar:
* To view the ACHS Calendar please visit http://www.camarillohigh.us/calendar/
ACHS CALENDAR-EVENTS THROUGH MAY 14
|March 20||Professional Development Day||NO SCHOOL|
|Three Hour Brag Sheet Workshop.
Visit WWW.NCPS.Com/Events to register or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information. ACHS students get discounted rated.
|March 24||Talent Show||Gym, 6:00pm|
|March 27||Teachers’ Choice Awards Night||Gym, 6:00pm|
|April 4||PTSA Meeting||ACHS Library, 6:30pm|
|April 6||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|April 7||End of Third Quarter|
|April 10-14||Spring Break||NO SCHOOL|
|April 21||Prom Fashion Show||Quad, Lunch|
|April 24||Academic Awards Night||Gym, 6:00pm|
|April 26||ELAC Meeting||ACHS Library, 6:00pm|
|April 27||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|May 1-12||AP Exams||VCOE|
|May 2||PTSA Meeting||ACHS Library, 6:30pm|
|May 4||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|May 5||International Day||Quad, Lunch|
|May 11||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|May 11||School Site Council Meeting||Room E-10|
|May 13||Prom||The Vineyard, Simi, 7-11:00pm|
|May 13/14||After Prom Party||The Roxy Theater|