Bulletin for the week of April 3, 2017
* Attention APEX and potential APEX students: The last day to sign up for an APEX class is May 1. The last day to turn in APEX work is May 19. Please see your counselor or Mr. Falconer in room L-7 for more information. Thank you.
* Buy Candy Grams for your friends before Spring Break. Craft Club will be selling Easter Bunny Grams today, April 3rd. They will be 1 for $1 or 3 for $2. Craft Club will deliver the candy-gram to your friend’s 1st period this Thursday along with whatever message you choose to write inside the bunny and a piece of candy. Look for us in the quad to buy your own.
* Hey, Class of 2018: “Clothespin Assassin” fundraiser informational meeting will be April 18th in the gym.
* PTSA Presents…. Naviance Knowledge Night:Tuesday, April 4th from 5:30pm-6:30pm in the College & Career Center- Get all the tools you need to get the most out of Naviance
* Calling all artists! The OUHSD Farm to School program needs a logo. Nutrition Services is hosting a district-wide art competition to find a logo for our new program.
- Who may enter: Any OUHSD student
- Submission Deadline: April 3, 2017
Student Nutrition Advisory Councils will be reviewing all submissions and sending finalist to the Board to make the final selection. Top 3 Finalists will win a prize (TBD) and winners will be notified in mid-April. Forms to enter the contest can be found in the front office with Mrs. Westbrook, and Ms. Grafenstein’s office in the girls’ locker room. Please return the form with your submission to one of these 2 locations today, April 3rd.
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
* Scholarships: The following scholarships are due soon:
- The Dr. Kato Memorial Scholarship. Deadline April 7
- National Latino Peace Officers Association Scholarship. Deadline April 7
* There’s a Kiwin’s meeting every Wednesday in the gym at lunch.
* Spongebob Club meetings take place in room i-2 on Wednesdays at lunch.
* Join Interact Club: We are a fun community service club that meets every Tuesday in room L-1.
* Are you interested in getting easy volunteer hours to help build your resume? Join the Shaka Club! Meetings are Wednesdays at lunch in room K-4. Follow @Shakaachs on Twitter for updates. Boom-shaka-laka-boom!
* Are you interested in joining a club that fundraises and volunteers in the community to provide educational opportunities for underprivileged students? Join Global Scholars Club. We meet Wednesdays at lunch in room L-9. See you there.
* GSA meets every Wednesday during lunch in room A-12. Every type of person is welcome! Come meet new people, create new friends!
* For the Spring Sports Schedule, please visit http://www.ouhsd.k12.ca.us/blog/achs-spring-sports-schedule/
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE
Friday, April 7 End of 3rd Quarter
Friday, April 21 Grades Mailed Home
Friday, May 12 End of Progress Grading Period
Friday, May 19 Grades Mailed Home
Friday, June 16 End of 2nd Semester
Friday, June 23 Grades Mailed Home
ACHS Community Calendar:
* To view the ACHS Calendar please visit http://www.camarillohigh.us/calendar/
ACHS CALENDAR EVENTS
|April 4||PTSA Meeting||ACHS Library, 6:30pm|
|April 6||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|April 7||End of Third Quarter|
|April 10-14||Spring Break||NO SCHOOL|
|April 21||Prom Fashion Show||Quad, Lunch|
|April 24||Academic Awards Night||Gym, 6:00pm|
|April 26||ELAC Meeting||ACHS Library, 6:00pm|
|April 27||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|May 1-12||AP Exams||VCOE|
|May 2||PTSA Meeting||ACHS Library, 6:30PM|
|May 4||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|May 5||International Day||Quad, Lunch|
|May 11||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|May 11||School Site Council Meeting||E-10, 2:00pm|
|The Vineyard, Simi 7pm-11pm|
|May 13/14||After Prom Party||The Roxy Theater|
|May 15-26||CAASPP Testing||Classrooms|
|May 16 & 17||Blood Drive||All Day|
|May 19||Senior Activities||All Day|
|May 26||Spring Sports Rally||Quad, Lunch|
|May 29||Memorial Day Holiday||NO SCHOOL|
|May 30||Spring Sports Awards Night||Gym, 7:00pm|
|May 31||ELAC Meeting||ACHS Library, 6:00pm|
|June 1||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|June 2-3||Grad Night|
|June 5||Senior Awards Night||Gym, 6:00pm|
|June 6||PTSA Meeting||ACHS Library, 6:30pm|
|June 14-16||Final Exams (Periods 5/6, 1/3, 2/4)||Minimum Days|
|June 16||Graduation||Stadium, 4:00pm|