Bulletin for the week of April 24, 2017
* Attention APEX and potential APEX students: The last day to sign up for an APEX class is May 1. The last day to turn in APEX work is May 19. Please see your counselor or Mr. Falconer in room L-7 for more information. Thank you.
* Prom is right around the corner! The senior class is having a fundraiser on May 3rd at Topper’s Pizza Place from 3:30-9;00pm. All proceeds go to prom and graduation. To participate in the fundraiser, you need to have the flyer. See you there!
* After Prom Tickets went on sale, April 17th at lunch in the quad. $10.00 for the first two weeks, then price goes up!
- Tuesday, May 2 and Thursday, May 4-Ticket price is $15.
- Monday, May 8 through Friday, May 12-Ticket price is $15.
- Saturday, May 13 (After Prom event) Ticket price is $20.
* Graduation Leis now available for pre-order – Order online or print order form. Various styles and prices. Leis will be available for pick up on the day of graduation in the stadium.
- Link for bulletin: http://adolfocamarilloptsa.org/about/committees/graduation-leis/
- Download Flyer: http://adolfocamarilloptsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Graduation-Leis.pdf
* PTSA Meetings:
- Tuesday, May 2nd at 6:30 pm
- Tuesday, June 6th at 6:30pm
* PTSA Presents…Student Support Programs – May 2nd-5:30pm-6:15pm-ACHS Library.
* Final FREE Workshop: Learn how to use your summer productively to get ahead in the college application process. Current Freshman and Sophomores, Parents and Students, should attend this FREE Workshop. Tuesday, May 9th,
7- 8 pm in the ACHS College & Career Center,
* PTSA Webstie…www.adolfocamarilloptsa.org
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
* Seniors: make sure to bring in a copy of your community college, university, military or trade school acceptance letter for the school you will be attending and scholarship/grant award letter to Mrs. Isaac by May 5th. If not received by this date it will not appear in the graduation program and you could be missed for an invitation to senior awards night.
* The 20th Century Onyx Club is holding their 54th Annual Debutant Ball. If you are a Sophomore, Junior or Senior-African-American Female Student and are interested, come to room C-4 and sign up for their orientation on May 4th.
* DCH Lexus of Oxnard has a jingle contest. Topic: “What is Special about driving a Lexus from DCH Lexus of Oxnard? Video Deadline is May 4th at 5pm. Pick up information in room C-4.
* Scholarships: The following scholarships are due soon:
- The Soroptimist International of Camarillo Application Deadline April 26th
- Olivas Links Men’s Golf Club Scholarship. Deadline April 30th
- Filipino Community of Ventura County Scholarship Deadline May 1st
- If you’re an alum from Ocean View Junior High School, pick up a scholarship application in room C-4. Deadline is May 1st
- Deadline Extended: The Siggy Sainath Memorial Scholarship. Deadline May 1st
- Interested in a career in the arts? Apply for the Ojai Studio Arts Scholarship. Deadline May 5, 2017
* Attention all students: ACHS just got accepted to start an FBLA Chapter. FBLA stands for Future Business Leaders of America and is a nationally recognized club that hosts business presenters, tons of field trips, conventions, and competitions with other schools. The first meeting will be today, April 24th in room D-4. Hope to see you there for a short presentation and cookies!
* Are you interested in joining a club that fundraises and volunteers in the community to provide educational opportunities for underprivileged students? Join Global Scholars Club. We meet Wednesdays at lunch in room L-9. See you there.
* GSA meets every Wednesday during lunch in room A-12. Every type of person is welcome! Come meet new people, create new friends!
* There’s a Kiwin’s meeting every Wednesday in the gym at lunch.
* Spongebob Club meetings take place in room i-2 on Wednesdays at lunch.
* Join Interact Club: We are a fun community service club that meets every Tuesday in room L-1.
* Are you interested in getting easy volunteer hours to help build your resume? Join the Shaka Club! Meetings are Wednesdays at lunch in room K-4. Follow @Shakaachs on Twitter for updates. Boom-shaka-laka-boom!
* For the Spring Sports Schedule, please visit http://www.ouhsd.k12.ca.us/blog/achs-spring-sports-schedule/
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE:
Friday, May 12 End of Progress Grading Period
Friday, May 19 Grades Mailed Home
Friday, June 16 End of 2nd Semester
Friday, June 23 Grades Mailed Home
ACHS COMMUNITY CALENDAR:
* To view the ACHS Calendar please visit http://www.camarillohigh.us/calendar/
ACHS CALENDAR EVENTS
|April 24||Academic Awards Night||Gym, 6:00pm|
|April 26||ELAC Meeting||ACHS Library, 6:00pm|
|April 27||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|May 1-12||AP Exams||VCOE|
|May 2||PTSA Meeting||ACHS Library, 6:30PM|
|May 4||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|May 5||International Day||Quad, Lunch|
|May 11||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|May 11||School Site Council Meeting||E-10, 2:00pm|
|The Vineyard, Simi
|May 13/14||After Prom Party||The Roxy Theater|
|May 15-26||CAASPP Testing||Classrooms|
|May 16 & 17||Blood Drive||All Day|
|May 26||Spring Sports Rally||Quad, Lunch|
|May 29||Memorial Day Holiday||NO SCHOOL|
|May 30||Spring Sports Awards Night||Gym, 7:00pm|
|May 31||ELAC Meeting||ACHS Library, 6:00pm|
|June 1||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|June 1||Senior Activities||All Day|
|June 2-3||Grad Night|
|June 5||Senior Awards Night||Gym, 6:00pm|
|June 6||PTSA Meeting||ACHS Library, 6:30pm|
|June 14-16||Final Exams (Periods 5/6, 1/3, 2/4)||Minimum Days|
|June 16||Graduation||Stadium, 4:00pm|