Our Drama students are currently performing William Shakespeare’s “Twelfth Night.” Performances were last week, and continue this week on May 4th, 5th, and 6th. Curtain is at 7:30pm. Student tickets are $5 and adult tickets are $10. The performance is superb!
Cinco de Mayo Fiesta
Today at lunch in the quad, the following events will be happening:
- Taco sales by MECHa
- Churro sales by ASB Pinata fun by ASB
- Fun and Games by Spanish Club
- Mariachi will be performing
Celebrating one of our Teachers
Tonight our Wood Shop Teacher, Peter Wachtel, will be featured on ABC’s “The Toy Box” at 8:00pm. He will present one of the toys he created to the judges, and it COULD be produced by Mattel if he wins!
Several of our Science teachers recently attended the one-day 2017 NGSS Leadership Conference, where they learned more about 3-D learning and assessments. They said it was very informative and useful.
At the Ventura County Track and Field Championships:
- Daniel Gomez was the County Champion in the 800 m.
- Girls’ 4 x 100 Relay team of Alexa Cuevas, Emma Jansen, Christy Chuidian, and McKenna Meaney took third place AND ran a school record time of 48.38.
- McKenna Meaney was 5th in 100 m and 200 m.
- Nike Reid was 6th in 100 m.
- Bella Pantoja took fourth place in the long jump.
- Karleigh Cundiff took sixth place in the discus.
- Mark Pizza finished in fifth place in the 1600 m.
- Sean McCarthy was fifth in 3200.
- Spencer Gravel took sixth place in 3200.
Congratulations to Coach Dowden and the Boys’ Golf Team for winning the Coastal Canyon Championship with an undefeated record.
- The total from the three league matches were Camarillo 1163, Moorpark 1176, Oak Park 1177, Simi Valley 1230, and Royal 1338.
- Terrell Chriss, Joey Zambri, and Michael Sun advance as CIF-SS Individuals.
At the Boys’ Coastal Canyon Tennis Tournament:
- Ilya Bolotsky finished second in Singles and qualifies for CIF Individuals.
- The Doubles Team of Stefan Anderson and Justin Lieb also finished second in league to qualify for CIF.
- As a team, they finished second in the Coastal Canyon League behind Oak Park.