Bulletin for the week of September 11, 2017
* Mock Trial – All students interested in competing in Mock Trial should plan to attend tryouts Monday, Sept. 11, or Tuesday, Sept. 12, in room D-3 starting a 6:00 PM. Mock Trial is a national academic competition in which students prepare and then present a fictional criminal case before a Ventura County judge and a group of local attorneys who score the competition. Each team has prosecution side and a defense side made up of student attorneys and witnesses. If you have any questions see Mr. Near in room D-3.
* ACHS Yearbooks: Students may purchase yearbooks from the bookkeeper. They are $75, $70 if purchased with their Access cards. Sometime near the end of September, the price will rise to $100. The yearbook is a love letter that a school writes to itself. Yearbooks live forever, providing a snapshot of the way things were, trapping one year of your school life, serving as living proof of what you once were, and offering a glimpse of what you might become. It is a thumbprint, an archaeological dig of your laughter, friends, events, and all the achievements in the hallways and out in the community. The yearbook enables us to make time stand still and serves as the history of this one school year. The yearbook lasts forever; it doesn’t go away when a website shuts down or an app ends. This book will be one of a kind and you will reach for it a hundred times in the future.
* 2nd Annual Ventura County Suicide Prevention Conference at Oxnard College:
- Wednesday, September 20, 2017
- 8:00 AM-12:30 PM
- Must preregister by September 15 @ www.helpandhope2017.eventbrite.com.
* Below is a link to a video made by Dr. DeLeon, OUHSD Superintendent. Dr. DeLeon discusses the DACA rescission and also, talks about the college application initiative, the SAT and the SBAC/EAP in the spring. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztI0CaRMqyA
* 11th and 12th Graders: Do you have an interest in global trade and logistics? If so, there is a great opportunity for an after school program through the Port of Hueneme. Students will gain hands-on learning experience to the opportunities and operations at the Port. Topics include Port Hueneme’s role and economic contribution to global trade, automobile transport,shipping lines, logistics, finance and accounting and more! See your counselor or Ms. Stuteville for details and an application. Apps are due 9/13.
* The Community Law Enforcement Academy applications are due 9/27 for interested Juniors and Seniors. Students will have the opportunity to explore and discuss topics such as criminal justice, policing, domestic violence and crime scene investigation. See Ms. Stuteville for details.
* Attention Juniors and Seniors: Interested in computer science, electrical or mechanical engineering? If so, apply for the Pre-Engineering Academy with NAVSEA today. This is a great hands-on experience and looks wonderful on college applications! Applications are available with your counselor and are due by 9/13. See Ms. Stuteville for details.
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
* Are you interested in the Service Academy? Come to an information session on September 27th at 6pm in the library.
* Please make sure to check your school email or Naviance account weekly for all College and Career Center information including visiting colleges, job opportunities and scholarships.
* Please make sure to sign up with Mrs. Isaac to meet with the following Colleges/Universities.
- Pacific University of Oregon: Period 2, September 13th
- USC: Period 3, September 15th
- University of Connecticut: Period 2, September 21st
- California Baptist University: Period 3, September 25th
- Northeastern University: Period 5, September 26th
* Math Club meets at lunch in room T-6 on Tuesdays.
* KIWIN’S will be having a meeting on Wednesday, September `13th in room A-7 during lunch. “Be there or be square!”
* The ACHS Gay-Straight Alliance Club meets every Wednesday during lunch in room A-1. ALL PEOPLE ARE WELCOME; ALL ARE EMBRACED and ACCEPTED.
* For the Sports Schedule, please visit http://www.ouhsd.k12.ca.us/blog/achs-spring-sports-schedule/
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE: First Semester
Friday, Sept 29- End of Progress Grading Period
Friday, Oct 6-Grades Mailed Home
Tuesday, Oct 31- End of 1st Quarter
Friday, Nov 3- Grades Mailed Home,
Friday, Dec. 8-End of Progress Grading Period
Friday, Dec 15- Grades Mailed Home
Friday, Jan 26–End of 1st Semester
Friday, Feb 2-Grades Mailed Home
ACHS COMMUNITY CALENDAR:
* To view the ACHS Calendar please visit http://www.camarillohigh.us/calendar/
ACHS CALENDAR EVENTS: (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|September 14||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|September 15||Club Rush||Quad – Lunchtime|
|September 20||Homecoming Movie Night||Behind Gym 7:00pm|
|September 21||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|September 22||Homecoming Rally/Football game||Gym – Rally Schedule|
|September 23||Homecoming Dance||Gym 9:pm-11: OOpm 0000OOpm|
|September 25||BACK-TO-SCHOOL NIGHT – Gym @ 6:00pm||Minimum Day|
|September 25||ELAC Meeting||Library, 5:00pm|
|October 3||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|October 5||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|October 6||Find Kind Screening Assembly||Gym, Periods 3 & 4|
|October 11||Minimum Day/Professional Development Afternoon||Minimum Day|
|October 11||PSAT-all 9th, 10th, 11th grades||Minimum Day|
|October 19||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|October 19||School Site Council Meeting||E-10, 2:00pm|
|October 23-27||Red Ribbon Week||Various Activities|
|October 26||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|October 26||ELAC & SSC Training||D0-6:00pm|
|End of First Quarter|