Bulletin for the week of September 18, 2017
* Attention Seniors: Don’t be left out of the yearbook! Yearbook deadlines are approaching. If you haven’t had your senior picture taken at Monarch Photography, please call the studio at 805-843-4111 as soon as possible to set up an appointment. Monarch Photography is the Official Photographer for the Oxnard Union High School District.
* PTSA’s Reflections Contest is under way again this year. The theme is “Within Reach” and students are encouraged to submit individual creative work that interprets this theme through any medium including: dance choreography, music, literature (fiction and non-fiction), photography and visual art. The Deadline is October 13th at 3 pm. Find entry forms and turn in your submissions in room D-1 or contact Mr. Storer.
* Make A Difference Day- Over a million volunteers are expected to participate in this year’s Make a Difference Day, creating the Nation’s largest day of Community Service. In the City of Oxnard, in Park Plaza, there will be various organizations that need people like you. It’s a celebration of neighbors helping neighbors.
- September 30, 2017
- 500 South C Street
- For more information please contact Lucy Cartagena Martinez at 805-814-3748
* PTSA Update: From Kat Gregory, PTSA President.
- Axxess Discounts – Get your Axxess Discount Card from ACHS PTSA. Visit our website, under fundraising, look for Axxess to reserve or order your copy now. Supplies are limited www.adolfocamarilloptsa.org.
- College & Career FREE Workshops – Check out the FREE workshops for parents and students. Access the flyer below.
- Join ACHS PTSA. Help us to fund Classroom Grants, Senior Scholarships, Red Ribbon Week, Reflections, Communication, Staff Appreciation, Service Awards, Student Support and much more! Students should be members too! Visit www.adolfocamarilloptsa.org for more information.
* The Community Law Enforcement Academy applications are due 9/27 for interested Juniors and Seniors. Students will have the opportunity to explore and discuss topics such as criminal justice, policing, domestic violence and crime scene investigation. See Ms. Stuteville for details.
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
* Hackathon by The Sea: 21-hour Hackathon begins at 7:00 pm on Friday, Dec. 1st and ends Saturday, Dec, 2nd at 4:30pm. Bring your creativity, curiosity, and passion to Ventura County’s first hackathon. A hackathon is a coding event in which teams “hack” together to create an awesome project like a game, website, or app. Team up with some of the brightest minds in Ventura County to turn that energy and free food into awesome award-winning projects.
- Open to all Ventura County High School students in grades 9-12.
- Space is limited to the first 200 students.
- Dinner, breakfast, lunch and snacks provided.
- Flyers available in the College & Career Center.
* Are you interested in the Service Academy? Come to an information session on September 27th at 6pm in the library.
* Scholarships: The September/October Scholarship list is now available. Check your email or pick up a copy in room C-4.
* Please make sure to check your school email or Naviance account weekly for all College & Career Center information including visiting colleges, job opportunities and scholarships.
* Please make sure to sign up with Mrs. Isaac to meet with the following Colleges/Universities.
- Northeastern University: Period 5, September 26th
- University of Hawaii at Manoa: Period 4, September 26th
- Illinois Institute of Technology: Period 4, September 28th
- Colorado Christian University: Period 2, September 28th
- University of New Mexico: Period 2,3, September 28th
- U.S Army @ lunch, September 19th
- U.S. Airforce @ lunch, September 20th
* KIWIN’S will be having a meeting on Wednesday, September 20th in room A-7 during lunch.
* The ACHS Gay-Straight Alliance Club meets every Wednesday during lunch in room A-1. ALL PEOPLE ARE WELCOME; ALL ARE EMBRACED and ACCEPTED.
* For the Sports Schedule, please visit http://www.ouhsd.k12.ca.us/blog/achs-spring-sports-schedule/
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE: First Semester
Friday, Sept 29- End of Progress Grading Period
Friday, Oct 6-Grades Mailed Home
Tuesday, Oct 31- End of 1st Quarter
Friday, Nov 3- Grades Mailed Home,
Friday, Dec. 8-End of Progress Grading Period
Friday, Dec 15- Grades Mailed Home
Friday, Jan 26–End of 1st Semester
Friday, Feb 2-Grades Mailed Home
ACHS COMMUNITY CALENDAR:
* To view the ACHS Calendar please visit http://www.camarillohigh.us/calendar/
ACHS CALENDAR EVENTS: (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|September 20||Homecoming Movie Night||Behind Gym 7:00pm|
|September 21||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|September 22||Homecoming Rally/Football game||Gym – Rally Schedule|
|September 23||Homecoming Dance||Gym 9:pm-11: OOpm 0000OOpm|
|September 25||BACK-TO-SCHOOL NIGHT – Gym @ 6:00pm||Minimum Day|
|September 25||ELAC Meeting||Library, 5:00pm|
|October 3||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|October 5||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|October 6||Find Kind Screening Assembly||Gym, Periods 3 & 4|
|October 11||Minimum Day/Professional Development Afternoon||Minimum Day|
|October 11||PSAT-all 9th, 10th, 11th grades||Minimum Day|
|October 19||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|October 19||School Site Council Meeting||E-10, 2:00pm|
|October 23-27||Red Ribbon Week||Various Activities|
|October 26||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|October 26||ELAC & SSC Training||D0-6:00pm|
|End of First Quarter|