Bulletin for the week of October 9, 2017
* Parents/Students: Dropping-Off and Picking-Up students before and after school. Please be aware of the posted traffic signs. There is no stopping on Mission Oaks Blvd. in front of the school except in the designated area south of Anguila Place (the street past the crosswalk). The Camarillo Police Department has received several calls regarding these violations and will be citing drivers. Please be aware that it may be easier to drop off at the lower parking lot near the baseball field versus the main front lot. It is a much larger parking lot with much less congestion.
* Do you need service hours? Kiwins, CSF, NHS, sport’s patch or teacher required? Starting this year, we are offering a peer to peer tutoring program at lunch! Yes, during the school day extra help will be offered by your own peers for additional academic support. This will begin second quarter. If you are interested in becoming a peer tutor, come by room L-3 or room L-4, Ms. Robey and Ms. Carey’s room and pick up an application. Application deadline is October 13.
* The Girls’ and Boy’s Tennis Team are holding a fundraiser the month of October in order to raise funds for a new rally backboard. Please bring any “lightly worn shoes” to school to donate. It’s time to clean out your closets. We have bins in the front office and in the girls’ locker room. Eventually these shoes go to families in need. All sizes and types of “lightly worn shoes” are accepted, except golf shoes and ski boots. Thank you in advance.
* Attention Seniors: Don’t be left out of the yearbook! Yearbook deadlines are approaching. If you haven’t had your senior picture taken at Monarch Photography, please call the studio at 805-843-4111 as soon as possible to set up an appointment. Monarch Photography is the Official Photographer for the Oxnard Union High School District.
* PTSA’s Reflections Contest is under way again this year. The theme is “Within Reach” and students are encouraged to submit individual creative work that interprets this theme through any medium including: dance choreography, music, literature (fiction and non-fiction), photography and visual art. The Deadline is October 13th at 3 pm. Find entry forms and turn in your submissions in room D-1 or contact Mr. Storer.
* College SPARK has started: Bring your college questions to room C-4 on Mondays/Wednesdays 3:10-4:10 and Tuesdays @ lunch and a counselor will be available to answer questions and provide college support! Hope to see you there.
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
* Cash for College: Moorpark, Oxnard and Ventura College are hosting a cash for college workshop on October 14th from 9am-2pm. Join them to get information on FAFSA, Cal Grants and more.
* Juniors and Seniors: The ASVAB will be given Nov. 15th This assessment is not only for those interested in the Military, you can learn about what career best fits you. It is only given once a year, so take advantage.
* Please make sure to check your school email or Naviance account weekly for all College & Career Center information including visiting colleges, job opportunities and scholarships.
* Visiting Colleges:
Mount Saint Mary’s: Period 3, October 10th
Stanford University: Period 4, October 10th
UCSB: Period 4, October 13th
Princeton University: Period 2, October 16th
University of San Francisco: Period 4, October 16th
Westmont College: Period 4, October 17th
Moorpark College: Period 4, October 18th
California Lutheran University: Period 5, October 19th
(Period Change) University of Chicago: Period 5, October 20th
Arizona State University: Period 4, October 23rd
Oxnard College: Period 3, October 23rd
Ventura College: Period 3, October 25th
Stonehill College: Period 1, October 26th
* Engineering Club meets every Monday in room T-12 at lunch.
* Join Interact Club, we meet every Tuesday in room L-1.
* If you love Spongebob and enjoy the first 3 seasons of the show, then Spongebob Club is just the club for you. Bring your lunch and be ready to laugh at the antics of our friends from Bikini Bottom. We hold club meetings every Wednesday at lunch in room i-2. When in doubt, pinky out!
* The ACHS Gay-Straight Alliance Club meets every Friday during lunch in room A-1. ALL PEOPLE ARE WELCOME; ALL ARE EMBRACED and ACCEPTED.
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE: First Semester
Tuesday, Oct 31- End of 1st Quarter
Friday, Nov 3- Grades Mailed Home,
Friday, Dec. 8-End of Progress Grading Period
Friday, Dec 15- Grades Mailed Home
Friday, Jan 26–End of 1st Semester
Friday, Feb 2-Grades Mailed Home
ACHS COMMUNITY CALENDAR:
* To view the ACHS Calendar please visit http://www.camarillohigh.us/calendar/
ACHS CALENDAR EVENTS: (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|October 11||Minimum Day/Professional Development Afternoon||Minimum Day|
|October 11||PSAT-all 9th, 10th, 11th grades||Minimum Day|
|October 19||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|October 19||School Site Council Meeting||E-10, 2:00pm|
|October 23-27||Red Ribbon Week||Various Activities|
|October 26||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|October 26||ELAC & SSC Training||D0-6:00pm|
|End of First Quarter
Collegial Collaboration Day
|November 10||HOLIDAY ·Veterans’ Day||NO SCHOOL|
|November 15||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|
|November 16||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|November 20-24||HOLIDAY – Thanksgiving||NO SCHOOL|
|November 30||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|December 1||Fall Sports Rally||Quad, Lunch|
|December 5||PTSA Meeting||Library,6:30pm|
|December 7||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|December 11||Fall Sports Awards Night||Gym- 7:00pm|
|December 12 & 13||Blood Drive||Cafeteria 1-61h periods|
|December 14||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|December 20||ELAC Meeting||Cafeteria, 6:00pm|
|December 22-Jan. 5||WINTER BREAK||NO SCHOOL|