Wednesday, October 18, 2017
* Still have lots of ID cards, school pictures and homecoming pictures that need to be picked up at the ASB Bookkeeper window.
* The Girls’ and Boys’ Tennis Team are holding a fundraiser the month of October in order to raise funds for a new rally backboard. Please bring any “lightly worn shoes” to school to donate. It’s time to clean out your closets. We have bins in the front office and in the girls’ locker room. Eventually these shoes go to families in need. All sizes and types of “lightly worn shoes” are accepted, except golf shoes and ski boots. Thank you in advance.
* Parents/Students: Dropping-Off and Picking-Up students before and after school. Please be aware of the posted traffic signs. There is no stopping on Mission Oaks Blvd. in front of the school except in the designated area south of Anguila Place (the street past the crosswalk). The Camarillo Police Department has received several calls regarding these violations and will be citing drivers. Please be aware that it may be easier to drop off at the lower parking lot near the baseball field versus the main front lot. It is a much larger parking lot with much less congestion.
* A free UC Application and Admission Workshop will be offered from 6-8pm Monday, October 23rd at Oxnard College. All interested students and parents are invited to attend. See your counselor with any questions!
* College SPARK has started: Bring your college questions to room C-4 on Mondays/Wednesdays 3:10-4:10 and Tuesdays @ lunch and a counselor will be available to answer questions and provide college support! Hope to see you there.
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
* Juniors and Seniors: The ASVAB will be given Nov. 15th This assessment is not only for those interested in the Military, you can learn about what career best fits you. Sign up in the Career center.
* Visiting Colleges:
- Moorpark College: Period 4, October 18th
- UC Berkeley: During lunch, October 18th
- California Lutheran University: Period 5, October 19th
- ( Period Change ) University of Chicago: Period 5, October 20th
- Arizona State University: period 4 & lunch, October 23rd
- Oxnard College: period 3, October 23rd
- Ventura College: Period 3, October 25th
- Stonehill College: Period 1, October 26th
- Sarah Lawrence College: Period 2, October 30th
- Financial Aid workshop: Period 4, October 30th
* KIWIN’S will be meeting today in the gym during lunch. Hope to see you all there!
* If you love Spongebob and enjoy the first 3 seasons of the show, then Spongebob Club is just the club for you. Bring your lunch and be ready to laugh at the antics of our friends from Bikini Bottom. We hold club meetings every Wednesday at lunch in room i-2. When in doubt, pinky out.
* The ACHS Gay-Straight Alliance Club meets every Friday during lunch in room A-1. ALL PEOPLE ARE WELCOME; ALL ARE EMBRACED and ACCEPTED.
* Engineering Club meets every Monday in room T-12 at lunch.
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE: First Semester
Tuesday, Oct 31- End of 1st Quarter
Friday, Nov 3- Grades Mailed Home,
Friday, Dec. 8-End of Progress Grading Period
Friday, Dec 15- Grades Mailed Home
Friday, Jan 26–End of 1st Semester
Friday, Feb 2-Grades Mailed Home
ACHS COMMUNITY CALENDAR:
* To view the ACHS Calendar please visit http://www.camarillohigh.us/calendar/
ACHS CALENDAR EVENTS: (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|October 18||ACHS Fall Concert||RCHS at 6:30pm|
|October 19||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|October 19||ACHS Facility Meeting-Public meetings scheduled soon.||STAFF ONLY|
|October 21||ACHS Marching Band @ Kennedy HS Field Tournament||Glover Stadium-Anaheim|
|October 23-27||Red Ribbon Week||Various Activities|
|October 26||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|October 26||ELAC & SSC Training||D0-6:00pm|
|End of First Quarter
Collegial Collaboration Day
Marching Band at the Hart Tournament
College of the Canyons-
|November 10||HOLIDAY ·Veterans’ Day||NO SCHOOL|
|November 11||ACHS Marching Band @ Oxnard Field Tournament||11:00am-approximately|
|November 11||ACHS Marching Band @ Moorpark Battle of the Bands||6:45pm|
|November 15||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|
|November 16||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|November 20-24||HOLIDAY – Thanksgiving||NO SCHOOL|
|November 30||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|December 1||Fall Sports Rally||Quad, Lunch|
|December 5||PTSA Meeting||Library,6:30pm|
|December 7||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|December 9||Marching Band and Mariachi @ Camarillo Xmas Parade||Morning|
|December 10||Winter Concert||RCHS at 6:30pm|
|December 11||Fall Sports Awards Night||Gym- 7:00pm|
|December 12 & 13||Blood Drive||Cafeteria 1-6th periods|
|December 14||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|December 20||ELAC Meeting||Cafeteria, 6:00pm|
|December 22-Jan. 5||WINTER BREAK||NO SCHOOL|