Bulletin for the week of October 23, 2017
* Still have lots of ID cards, school pictures and homecoming pictures that need to be picked up at the ASB Bookkeeper window.
* The Camarillo Police Department is offering The Parent Project, Monday evenings for ten weeks starting on November 13. Parents with difficult, defiant, or problematic children are encouraged to attend; however, all parents of middle and high school students will also benefit from this course. The goal is to give parents guidance to help them develop more successful children. The course content consists of methods to address drugs, sex, gangs, poor grades, runaways, and violence. Additional content includes guidance in gaining children’s compliance of house rules, how to never argue with your child again, and how to use other parents for support. Additional information can be reviewed at www.parentproject.com. This course is free however; there is a $30 fee for the course workbook. Interested parents wishing to register are asked to contact the Community Resource Unit at (805) 388-5155 with any questions. Class size is limited so don’t delay and register at parentproject.com or call today.
* Free or Reduced Meal Online Application-During the month of October. Please view link for details.
* Students, Parents, and Staff Members: The first ACHS facilities master plan meeting was held Thursday. The staff gave a lot of valuable input. It would be helpful if all students, parents and staff members would complete the master plan survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/OUHSD-Master-Plan_Survey
* The Girls’ and Boys’ Tennis Team are holding a fundraiser the month of October in order to raise funds for a new rally backboard. Please bring any “lightly worn shoes” to school to donate. It’s time to clean out your closets. We have bins in the front office and in the girls’ locker room. Eventually these shoes go to families in need. All sizes and types of “lightly worn shoes” are accepted, except golf shoes and ski boots. Thank you in advance.
* Due to the devastation of Hurricane Harvey, there have been schools in Texas that have lost so much athletic equipment as well as general school supplies. The CIF Southern Section has asked ALL schools to help by participating in a fundraising effort. The Coastal Canyon League (Camarillo, Moorpark, Oak Park, Simi Valley, and Royal) have adopted two of the poorest sister schools in Corpus Christi. Camarillo High School athletes will be collecting donations at the last home football game (November 3rd) to give back to Roy Miller and Foy Moody High Schools.
* Parents/Students: Dropping-Off and Picking-Up students before and after school. Please be aware of the posted traffic signs. There is no stopping on Mission Oaks Blvd. in front of the school except in the designated area south of Anguila Place (the street past the crosswalk). The Camarillo Police Department has received several calls regarding these violations and will be citing drivers. Please be aware that it may be easier to drop off at the lower parking lot near the baseball field versus the main front lot. It is a much larger parking lot with much less congestion.
* A free UC Application and Admission Workshop will be offered from 6-8pm Monday, October 23rd at Oxnard College. All interested students and parents are invited to attend. See your counselor with any questions!
* College SPARK has started: Bring your college questions to room C-4 on Mondays/Wednesdays 3:10-4:10 and Tuesdays @ lunch and a counselor will be available to answer questions and provide college support! Hope to see you there.
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
* Juniors and Seniors: The ASVAB will be given Nov. 15th. Last day to sign up is October 27th.
* Visiting Colleges: Please make sure to sign-up in the College & Career Center
- Arizona State University: period 4 & lunch, October 23rd
- Oxnard College: period 3, October 23rd
- Ventura College: Period 3, October 25th
- Stonehill College: Period 1, October 26th
- Sarah Lawrence College: Period 2, October 30th
- Financial Aid workshop: Period 4, October 30th
- (Date Change) Mount Saint Mary’s: Period 3, November 1st
- Texas Christian University: Period 3, November 2nd
- Vanguard University: Period 4, November 2nd
- University of Oregon: Period 3, November 3rd
* Engineering Club meets every Monday in room T-12 at lunch.
* Join Interact Club, we meet every Tuesday in room L-1.
* If you love Spongebob and enjoy the first 3 seasons of the show, then Spongebob Club is just the club for you. Bring your lunch and be ready to laugh at the antics of our friends from Bikini Bottom. We hold club meetings every Wednesday at lunch in room i-2. When in doubt, pinky out!
* KIWIN’S will be meeting Wednesdays in the gym during lunch. Hope to see you all there!
* The ACHS Gay-Straight Alliance Club meets every Friday during lunch in room A-1. ALL PEOPLE ARE WELCOME; ALL ARE EMBRACED and ACCEPTED.
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE: First Semester
Tuesday, Oct 31- End of 1st Quarter
Friday, Nov 3- Grades Mailed Home,
Friday, Dec. 8-End of Progress Grading Period
Friday, Dec 15- Grades Mailed Home
Friday, Jan 26–End of 1st Semester
Friday, Feb 2-Grades Mailed Home
ACHS COMMUNITY CALENDAR:
* To view the ACHS Calendar please visit http://www.camarillohigh.us/calendar/
ACHS CALENDAR EVENTS: (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|October 23-27||Red Ribbon Week||Various Activities|
|October 26||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|October 26||ELAC & SSC Training||D0-6:00pm|
|End of First Quarter
Collegial Collaboration Day
Marching Band at the Hart Tournament
College of the Canyons-
|November 10||HOLIDAY ·Veterans’ Day||NO SCHOOL|
|November 11||ACHS Marching Band @ Oxnard Field Tournament||11:00am-approximately|
|November 11||ACHS Marching Band @ Moorpark Battle of the Bands||6:45pm|
|November 15||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|
|November 16||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|November 20-24||HOLIDAY – Thanksgiving||NO SCHOOL|
|November 30||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|December 1||Fall Sports Rally||Quad, Lunch|
|December 5||PTSA Meeting||Library,6:30pm|
|December 7||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|December 9||Marching Band and Mariachi @ Camarillo Xmas Parade||Morning|
|December 10||Winter Concert||RCHS at 6:30pm|
|December 11||Fall Sports Awards Night||Gym- 7:00pm|
|December 12 & 13||Blood Drive||Cafeteria 1-6th periods|
|December 14||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|December 20||ELAC Meeting||Cafeteria, 6:00pm|
|December 22-Jan. 5||WINTER BREAK||NO SCHOOL|