Bulletin for the week of October 30, 2017
* Still have lots of ID cards, school pictures and homecoming pictures that need to be picked up at the ASB Bookkeeper window.
* The Camarillo Police Department is offering The Parent Project, Monday evenings for ten weeks starting on November 13. Parents with difficult, defiant, or problematic children are encouraged to attend; however, all parents of middle and high school students will also benefit from this course. The goal is to give parents guidance to help them develop more successful children. The course content consists of methods to address drugs, sex, gangs, poor grades, runaways, and violence. Additional content includes guidance in gaining children’s compliance of house rules, how to never argue with your child again, and how to use other parents for support. Additional information can be reviewed at www.parentproject.com. This course is free however; there is a $30 fee for the course workbook. Interested parents wishing to register are asked to contact the Community Resource Unit at (805) 388-5155 with any questions. Class size is limited so don’t delay and register at parentproject.com or call today.
* Senior Tribute Ads for the Yearbook: Flyers were mailed to senior parents last week. Early bird discounts for the ads, ranging from 1/8th page to a full page, apply until November 4th, with the final deadline being December 2. If anyone would like information or have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
* The Girls’ and Boys’ Tennis Team are holding a fundraiser the month of October in order to raise funds for a new rally backboard. Please bring any “lightly worn shoes” to school to donate. It’s time to clean out your closets. We have bins in the front office and in the girls’ locker room. Eventually these shoes go to families in need. All sizes and types of “lightly worn shoes” are accepted, except golf shoes and ski boots. Thank you in advance.
* Due to the devastation of Hurricane Harvey, there have been schools in Texas that have lost so much athletic equipment as well as general school supplies. The CIF Southern Section has asked ALL schools to help by participating in a fundraising effort. The Coastal Canyon League (Camarillo, Moorpark, Oak Park, Simi Valley, and Royal) have adopted two of the poorest sister schools in Corpus Christi. Camarillo High School athletes will be collecting donations at the last home football game (November 3rd) to give back to Roy Miller and Foy Moody High Schools.
* Parents/Students: Dropping-Off and Picking-Up students before and after school. Please be aware of the posted traffic signs. There is no stopping on Mission Oaks Blvd. in front of the school except in the designated area south of Anguila Place (the street past the crosswalk). The Camarillo Police Department has received several calls regarding these violations and will be citing drivers. Please be aware that it may be easier to drop off at the lower parking lot near the baseball field versus the main front lot. It is a much larger parking lot with much less congestion.
* Pleasant Valley Recreation and Park District is looking for student volunteers:
- October 31, 2017- Halloween in the Park event- Volunteers are needed to help with passing out candy, pumpkin painting, crafts, and game booths.
- December 2, 2017-Breakfast with Santa. PVRPD is looking for volunteers to help serve breakfast and bus tables.
- December 9, 2017-Camarillo Christmas Parade-Volunteers to help with the parade lineups and at Santa’s Village.
For an application, see Mary Perez, ACHS Athletic Director.
* College SPARK has started: Bring your college questions to room C-4 on Mondays/Wednesdays 3:10-4:10 and Tuesdays @ lunch and a counselor will be available to answer questions and provide college support! Hope to see you there.
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
* Visiting Colleges: Please make sure to sign-up in the College & Career Center
- Sarah Lawrence College: Period 2, October 30th
- Financial Aid workshop: Period 4, October 30th
- (Date Change) Mount Saint Mary’s: Period 3, November 1st
- Texas Christian University: Period 3, November 2nd
- Vanguard University: Period 4, November 2nd
- University of Oregon: Period 3, November 3rd
* Engineering Club meets every Monday in room T-12 at lunch.
* Join Interact Club, we meet every Tuesday in room L-1.
* If you love Spongebob and enjoy the first 3 seasons of the show, then Spongebob Club is just the club for you. Bring your lunch and be ready to laugh at the antics of our friends from Bikini Bottom. We hold club meetings every Wednesday at lunch in room i-2. When in doubt, pinky out!
* KIWIN’S will be meeting Wednesdays in the gym during lunch. Hope to see you all there!
* The ACHS Gay-Straight Alliance Club meets every Friday during lunch in room A-1. ALL PEOPLE ARE WELCOME; ALL ARE EMBRACED and ACCEPTED.
* Baseball: There will be a meeting for any new players interested in trying out for the baseball program Friday, November 3rd at lunch in room M-4.
* Boys interested in playing basketball this year, there will be a mandatory tryout on Saturday, November 4th at 10AM in the gym. You must have a current physical on file to tryout. Please see Coach Smith in room C-5 with any questions.
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE: First Semester
Tuesday, Oct 31- End of 1st Quarter
Friday, Nov 3- Grades Mailed Home,
Friday, Dec. 8-End of Progress Grading Period
Friday, Dec 15- Grades Mailed Home
Friday, Jan 26–End of 1st Semester
Friday, Feb 2-Grades Mailed Home
ACHS COMMUNITY CALENDAR:
* To view the ACHS Calendar please visit http://www.camarillohigh.us/calendar/
ACHS CALENDAR EVENTS: (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|End of First Quarter
Collegial Collaboration Day
|November 4||Marching Band at the Hart Tournament||College of the Canyons
|November 7||Election Day|
|November 7||PTSA Meeting||Library-6:30pm|
|November 10||HOLIDAY ·Veterans’ Day||NO SCHOOL|
|November 11||ACHS Marching Band @ Oxnard Field Tournament||11:00am-approximately|
|November 11||ACHS Marching Band @ Moorpark Battle of the Bands||6:45pm|
|November 15||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|
|November 16||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|November 20-24||HOLIDAY – Thanksgiving||NO SCHOOL|
|November 30||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|December 1||Fall Sports Rally||Quad, Lunch|
|December 5||PTSA Meeting||Library,6:30pm|
|December 7||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|December 9||Marching Band and Mariachi @ Camarillo Xmas Parade||Morning|
|December 10||Winter Concert||RCHS AT 6:30pm|
|December 11||Fall Sports Awards Night||Gym- 7:00pm|
|December 12 & 13||Blood Drive||Cafeteria 1-61h periods|
|December 14||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|December 20||ELAC Meeting||Cafeteria, 6:00pm|
|December 22-Jan. 5||WINTER BREAK||NO SCHOOL|
|January 8, 2018||Welcome Back from v\linter Break!||WELCOME BACK!|
|January 9||PTSA Meeting||Library,6:30pm|
|January 11||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|January 15||HOLIDAY – Martin Luther King Jr. Day||NO SCHOOL|
|January 18||School Site Council Meeting||E-10,2:00pm|
|January 18||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|January 24||FINAL EXAMS (Finals Periods 5, 6)||Minimum Day|
|January 25||FINAL EXAMS (Finals Periods 1, 3)||Minimum Day|
|January 26||FINAL EXAMS (Finals Periods 2, 4)||Minimum Day|
|January 29||Teacher Prep Day||NO SCHOOL|