NEW! Peer to Peer (P2P) Tutoring Program
Students who can’t stay after school for SPARK (teacher tutoring) now have the opportunity to work in air-conditioned comfort at lunchtime with a student who understands the subject well. P2P will be held on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at lunch starting November 7th. Freshman and Sophomore subjects will be in Room L-4, Junior and Senior subjects in Room L-3. Students are welcome to come for assistance in Science, Math, English, and Social Science.
Also, for students seeking community service hours, they may continue to submit applications to become a peer tutor to Mrs. Robey in Room L-3. They are looking for student tutors in all grades having done well in both CP and AP classes. Questions should be directed to Mrs. Carey or Mrs. Robey.
Positive Behavior Intervention Strategies (PBIS)
Relating to PBIS, our teacher Erin Dehler is encouraging her Renaissance Class to do many things to positively motivate their peers.
* For our Student of the Week program, all teachers have been given blue forms to fill out if they want to nominate a student for the award. Three students are chosen each week, and those students are given various awards/rewards, and are shown on our Friday Cam High Connect video message during homeroom.
* Renaissance students write positive, happy messages with chalk on the walkways around campus and put up posters on walls promoting happy thoughts.
* Awards/rewards are being given to students with Most Improved Grades.
* Awards/reward are also given to Top Scholars.
* Each student is recognized with treats on their birthday. This is done during homeroom.
We have a very active and encouraging Renaissance Class!
College and Career Center News
* Juniors and Seniors are currently signing up for the ASVAB exam. The deadline to sign up is November 10th.
* College Application Days sign-ups are in Room C-4 to attend the following application days:
- Moorpark College Application Day: Period 2 & 3, November 8th
- Ventura College Application Day: Period 3, November 9th
- Oxnard College Portal/ Promise Workshop: Period 3, 4 and lunch November 13th
- CSU Application Workshop: November 16th, 2-4PM
School Site Council
Our first School Site Council meeting of this school year was held on Thursday afternoon. It was very well attended, and much valuable information was presented. After discussing the rationale for SSC meetings and having elections for some mid-year vacancies and SSC Officers for this year, future SSC meeting dates were presented. Future meetings will be at 2:00pm on January 18, 2018, March 15, 2018 and May 17, 2018. Our Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA) was discussed, as well as our school budget. Other issues covered were Back-to-School Night, Facilities Master Plan, Graduation Regalia, Website, Interventions, PSAT/SAT, Bus Passes, Head Days, Mindfulness, Bell Schedule and By Laws.
Facilities Master Plan
A Facilities Master Plan meeting was held in our Library this week for community members, parents, and whoever wanted to learn more about the planning, and to give input. Many parents and community members have also completed the Master Plan Survey on the Survey Monkey website at: