Bulletin for the week of November 6, 2017
* Students: Need help in an academic subject? Can’t stay after school for SPARK? Would you love to work in air-conditioned comfort at lunchtime with a student who understands the subject well? Then Peer-to-Peer Tutoring is for you! P2P begins Tuesdays and Wednesdays at lunch starting November 7. Freshman and sophomore subjects in room L-4, junior and senior subjects in room L-3. Come join us for assistance in Science, Math, English, and Social Science. Also, if you’re a student seeking community service hours, you may continue to submit applications to Mrs. Robey in room L-3. We’re looking for students of all grades having done well in both CP and AP classes, so don’t hesitate to apply. Your peers need you! If you have any questions, drop by room L-3 or room L-4 at nutrition or lunch, or email Mrs. Carey or Mrs. Robey.
* Still have lots of ID cards, school pictures and homecoming pictures that need to be picked up at the ASB Bookkeeper window.
* The Camarillo Police Department is offering The Parent Project, Monday evenings for ten weeks starting on November 13. Parents with difficult, defiant, or problematic children are encouraged to attend; however, all parents of middle and high school students will also benefit from this course. The goal is to give parents guidance to help them develop more successful children. The course content consists of methods to address drugs, sex, gangs, poor grades, runaways, and violence. Additional content includes guidance in gaining children’s compliance of house rules, how to never argue with your child again, and how to use other parents for support. Additional information can be reviewed at www.parentproject.com. This course is free however; there is a $30 fee for the course workbook. Interested parents wishing to register are asked to contact the Community Resource Unit at (805) 388-5155 with any questions. Class size is limited so don’t delay and register at parentproject.com or call today.
* Senior Tribute Ads for the Yearbook: Flyers were mailed to senior parents. If anyone would like information or have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
* Teenage Depression and Anxiety-Learn strategies that help your teen’s brain, body, and heart work together. Presented by Tristen Vance Henderson,, MS, LMFT, Owner of Mission Oaks Counseling and Wellness Center.
December 5th, 2017-5:30pm to 6:15pm-ACHS Library
Cost: ACHS PTSA Members (Parents and Students) – FREE
Non Members* – Suggested Donation of $10.00 (the price of a PTSA membership)
* Pleasant Valley Recreation and Park District is looking for student volunteers:
- December 2, 2017-Breakfast with Santa. PVRPD is looking for volunteers to help serve breakfast and bus tables.
- December 9, 2017-Camarillo Christmas Parade-Volunteers to help with the parade lineups and at Santa’s Village.
For an application, see Mary Perez, ACHS Athletic Director.
* All Students – Last day for level changes this semester is November 10th. Please see your counselor for questions.
* College SPARK has started: Bring your college questions to room C-4 on Mondays/Wednesdays 3:10-4:10 and Tuesdays @ lunch and a counselor will be available to answer questions and provide college support! Hope to see you there.
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
* Juniors and Seniors: ASVAB sign up has been extended to November 10th.
* College Application Days-Please make sure to sign-up in room C-4 to attend these application days
- Oxnard College Application Day: Period 3& 4, November 6th
- Moorpark College Application Day: Period 2 & 3, November 8th
- Ventura College Application Day: Period 3, November 9th
- Oxnard College Portal/ Promise Workshop: Period 3, 4 and lunch November 13th
- CSU Application Workshop: November 16th, 2-4PM
* Engineering Club meets every Monday in room T-12 at lunch.
* Join Interact Club, we meet every Tuesday in room L-1.
* If you love Spongebob and enjoy the first 3 seasons of the show, then Spongebob Club is just the club for you. Bring your lunch and be ready to laugh at the antics of our friends from Bikini Bottom. We hold club meetings every Wednesday at lunch in room i-2. When in doubt, pinky out!
* KIWIN’S will be meeting Wednesdays in the gym during lunch. Hope to see you all there!
* The ACHS Gay-Straight Alliance Club meets every Friday during lunch in room A-1. ALL PEOPLE ARE WELCOME; ALL ARE EMBRACED and ACCEPTED.
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE: First Semester
Friday, Dec. 8-End of Progress Grading Period
Friday, Dec 15- Grades Mailed Home
Friday, Jan 26–End of 1st Semester
Friday, Feb 2-Grades Mailed Home
ACHS COMMUNITY CALENDAR:
* To view the ACHS Calendar please visit http://www.camarillohigh.us/calendar/
ACHS CALENDAR EVENTS: (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|November 7||Election Day|
|November 7||PTSA Meeting||Library-6:30pm|
|November 10||HOLIDAY ·Veterans’ Day||NO SCHOOL|
|November 11||ACHS Marching Band @ Oxnard Field Tournament||11:00am-approximately|
|November 11||ACHS Marching Band @ Moorpark Battle of the Bands||6:45pm|
|November 15||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|
|November 16||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|November 20-24||HOLIDAY – Thanksgiving||NO SCHOOL|
|November 30||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|December 1||Fall Sports Rally||Quad, Lunch|
|December 5||PTSA Meeting||Library,6:30pm|
|December 7||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|December 9||Marching Band and Mariachi @ Camarillo Xmas Parade||Morning|
|December 10||Winter Concert||RCHS AT 6:30pm|
|December 11||Fall Sports Awards Night||Gym- 7:00pm|
|December 12 & 13||Blood Drive||Cafeteria 1-61h periods|
|December 14||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|December 20||ELAC Meeting||Cafeteria, 6:00pm|
|December 22-Jan. 5||WINTER BREAK||NO SCHOOL|
|January 8, 2018||Welcome Back from v\linter Break!||WELCOME BACK!|
|January 9||PTSA Meeting||Library,6:30pm|
|January 11||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|January 15||HOLIDAY – Martin Luther King Jr. Day||NO SCHOOL|
|January 18||School Site Council Meeting||E-10,2:00pm|
|January 18||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|January 24||FINAL EXAMS (Finals Periods 5, 6)||Minimum Day|
|January 25||FINAL EXAMS (Finals Periods 1, 3)||Minimum Day|
|January 26||FINAL EXAMS (Finals Periods 2, 4)||Minimum Day|
|January 29||Teacher Prep Day||NO SCHOOL|