Bulletin for the week of November 13, 2017
* Students: Need help in an academic subject? Can’t stay after school for SPARK? Would you love to work in air-conditioned comfort at lunchtime with a student who understands the subject well? Then Peer-to-Peer Tutoring is for you! P2P is on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at lunch. Freshman and sophomore subjects in room L-4, junior and senior subjects in room L-3. Come join us for assistance in Science, Math, English, and Social Science. Also, if you’re a student seeking community service hours, you may continue to submit applications to Mrs. Robey in room L-3. We’re looking for students of all grades having done well in both CP and AP classes, so don’t hesitate to apply. Your peers need you! If you have any questions, drop by room L-3 or room L-4 at nutrition or lunch, or email Mrs. Carey or Mrs. Robey.
* Senior Tribute Ads for the Yearbook: Flyers were mailed to senior parents. If anyone would like information or have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Teenage Depression and Anxiety-Learn strategies that help your teen’s brain, body, and heart work together. Presented by Tristen Vance Henderson,, MS, LMFT, Owner of Mission Oaks Counseling and Wellness Center.
December 5th, 2017-5:30pm to 6:15pm-ACHS Library
Cost: ACHS PTSA Members (Parents and Students) – FREE
Non Members* – Suggested Donation of $10.00 (the price of a PTSA membership)
* Pleasant Valley Recreation and Park District is looking for student volunteers:
- December 2, 2017-Breakfast with Santa. PVRPD is looking for volunteers to help serve breakfast and bus tables.
- December 9, 2017-Camarillo Christmas Parade-Volunteers to help with the parade lineups and at Santa’s Village.
For an application, see Mary Perez, ACHS Athletic Director
* College SPARK: Bring your college questions to room C-4 on Mondays/Wednesdays 3:10-4:10 and Tuesdays @ lunch and a counselor will be available to answer questions and provide college support! Hope to see you there.
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
* College Application Days-Please make sure to sign-up in room C-4 to attend these application days.
- Oxnard College Portal/ Promise Workshop: Period 3, 4 and lunch November 13th
- CSU Application Workshop: November 16th, 2-4PM
* CH play’s first meeting will be Monday, November 13th at lunch in room N-5. We would like to introduce new members to our club which raises money for Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. This meeting is mandatory and should last most of lunch, so bring your lunch. Everyone is welcome. Hope to see you there!
* Join Interact Club, we meet every Tuesday in room L-1.
* KIWIN’S will be meeting Wednesdays in the gym during lunch. Hope to see you all there!
* The ACHS Gay-Straight Alliance Club meets every Friday during lunch in room A-1. ALL PEOPLE ARE WELCOME; ALL ARE EMBRACED and ACCEPTED.
* Engineering Club meets every Monday in room T-12 at lunch.
* If you love Spongebob and enjoy the first 3 seasons of the show, then Spongebob Club is just the club for you. Bring your lunch and be ready to laugh at the antics of our friends from Bikini Bottom. We hold club meetings every Wednesday at lunch in room i-2. When in doubt, pinky out!
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE: First Semester
Friday, Dec. 8-End of Progress Grading Period
Friday, Dec 15- Grades Mailed Home
Friday, Jan 26–End of 1st Semester
Friday, Feb 2-Grades Mailed Home
ACHS COMMUNITY CALENDAR:
* To view the ACHS Calendar please visit http://www.camarillohigh.us/calendar/
ACHS CALENDAR EVENTS: (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|November 15||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|
|November 16||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|November 20-24||HOLIDAY – Thanksgiving||NO SCHOOL|
|November 30||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|December 1||Fall Sports Rally||Quad, Lunch|
|December 5||PTSA Meeting||Library,6:30pm|
|December 7||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|December 9||Marching Band and Mariachi @ Camarillo Xmas Parade||Morning|
|December 10||Winter Concert||RCHS AT 6:30pm|
|December 11||Fall Sports Awards Night||Gym- 7:00pm|
|December 12 & 13||Blood Drive||Cafeteria 1-61h periods|
|December 14||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|December 20||ELAC Meeting||Cafeteria, 6:00pm|
|December 22-Jan. 5||WINTER BREAK||NO SCHOOL|
|January 8, 2018||Welcome Back from v\linter Break!||WELCOME BACK!|
|January 9||PTSA Meeting||Library,6:30pm|
|January 11||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|January 15||HOLIDAY – Martin Luther King Jr. Day||NO SCHOOL|
|January 18||School Site Council Meeting||E-10,2:00pm|
|January 18||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|January 24||FINAL EXAMS (Finals Periods 5, 6)||Minimum Day|
|January 25||FINAL EXAMS (Finals Periods 1, 3)||Minimum Day|
|January 26||FINAL EXAMS (Finals Periods 2, 4)||Minimum Day|
|January 29||Teacher Prep Day||NO SCHOOL|