Bulletin for the week of November 27, 2017
* Students: Semester one finals are quickly approaching- do you need any help preparing? Peer 2 Peer Tutoring is underway servicing English, Math, Science and Social Science. Bring your homework, classwork, tests or quizzes and your peers can review them with you and reteach important concepts for clarification. Tutoring during lunch is every Tuesday and Wednesday in room L-3 and room L-4. Tutors are still needed and service hours can be met for clubs and classroom requirements. See Ms. Robey or Ms. Carey for questions.
* Senior Tribute Ads for the Yearbook: Flyers were mailed to senior parents. If anyone would like information or have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Teenage Depression and Anxiety-Learn strategies that help your teen’s brain, body, and heart work together. Presented by Tristen Vance Henderson,, MS, LMFT, Owner of Mission Oaks Counseling and Wellness Center.
- December 5th, 2017-5:30pm to 6:15pm-ACHS Library
- Cost: ACHS PTSA Members (Parents and Students) – FREE
- Non Members* – Suggested Donation of $10.00 (the price of a PTSA membership)
* College SPARK: Bring your college questions to room C-4 on Mondays/Wednesdays 3:10-4:10 and Tuesdays @ lunch and a counselor will be available to answer questions and provide college support! Hope to see you there.
* Engineering Club meets every Monday in room T-12 at lunch.
* Do you believe in gender equality? Would you like to support girls in developing nations? Join Girl UP-our meetings are Tuesdays in room J-2 at lunch. We fundraise, advocate, and empower on behalf of girls around the world through the United Nations Foundation.
* Join Interact Club, we meet every Tuesday in room L-1.
* If you love Spongebob and enjoy the first 3 seasons of the show, then Spongebob Club is just the club for you. Bring your lunch and be ready to laugh at the antics of our friends from Bikini Bottom. We hold club meetings every Wednesday at lunch in room i-2. When in doubt, pinky out!
* KIWIN’S will be meeting Wednesdays in the gym during lunch. Hope to see you all there!
* The ACHS Gay-Straight Alliance Club meets every Friday during lunch in room A-1. ALL PEOPLE ARE WELCOME; ALL ARE EMBRACED and ACCEPTED.
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE: First Semester
Friday, Dec. 8-End of Progress Grading Period
Friday, Dec 15- Grades Mailed Home
Friday, Jan 26–End of 1st Semester
Friday, Feb 2-Grades Mailed Home
ACHS COMMUNITY CALENDAR:
* To view the ACHS Calendar please visit http://www.camarillohigh.us/calendar/
ACHS CALENDAR EVENTS: (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|November 30||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|December 1||Fall Sports Rally||Quad, Lunch|
|December 5||PTSA Meeting||Library,6:30pm|
|December 7||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|December 9||Marching Band and Mariachi @ Camarillo Xmas Parade||Morning|
|December 10||Winter Concert||RCHS AT 6:30pm|
|December 11||Fall Sports Awards Night||Gym- 7:00pm|
|December 12 & 13||Blood Drive||Cafeteria 1-61h periods|
|December 14||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|December 20||ELAC Meeting||Cafeteria, 6:00pm|
|December 22-Jan. 5||WINTER BREAK||NO SCHOOL|
|January 8, 2018||Welcome Back from v\linter Break!||WELCOME BACK!|
|January 9||PTSA Meeting||Library,6:30pm|
|January 11||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|January 15||HOLIDAY – Martin Luther King Jr. Day||NO SCHOOL|
|January 18||School Site Council Meeting||E-10,2:00pm|
|January 18||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|January 24||FINAL EXAMS (Finals Periods 5, 6)||Minimum Day|
|January 25||FINAL EXAMS (Finals Periods 1, 3)||Minimum Day|
|January 26||FINAL EXAMS (Finals Periods 2, 4)||Minimum Day|
|January 29||Teacher Prep Day||NO SCHOOL|