Bulletin for the week of December 4, 2017
* Students: Please use the crosswalk on Santa Rosa Road. Attempting to cross Santa Rosa Road at any other location is dangerous and against the law. There have been several complaints of near misses between vehicles and pedestrians not using the crosswalk. Pedestrians not using the crosswalk may be cited for the violation.
* Students: Semester one finals are quickly approaching- do you need any help preparing? Peer 2 Peer Tutoring is underway servicing English, Math, Science and Social Science. Bring your homework, classwork, tests or quizzes and your peers can review them with you and reteach important concepts for clarification. Tutoring during lunch is every Tuesday and Wednesday in room L-3 and room L-4. Tutors are still needed and service hours can be met for clubs and classroom requirements. See Ms. Robey or Ms. Carey for questions.
* Show your graduating senior your pride in their achievement: place a Senior Tribute Ad in the 2018 ACHS Yearbook. Senior Tribute Ads may be purchased with credit cards on the ACHS Webstore or in person at the ASB Bookkeeper’s Window. Deadline for purchases is December 20.
* Do you need service hours? Girls and Boys tennis are raising money for a new Rally Backboard. Donate 1 bag of 25 pairs of lightly used shoes and receive 2 hours of community service. We are collecting shoes until February 2018. Bins are located in the front office and in the boys’ and girls’ locker rooms. Simply bring the bag to Coach Grafenstein or Coach Anderson in the locker rooms. Count out the shoes and receive your community service hours. All sizes and styles of shoes are accepted except for ski boots and golf shoes. Thank you
* Teenage Depression and Anxiety-Learn strategies that help your teen’s brain, body, and heart work together. Presented by Tristen Vance Henderson,, MS, LMFT, Owner of Mission Oaks Counseling and Wellness Center.
- December 5th, 2017-5:30pm to 6:15pm-ACHS Library
- Cost: ACHS PTSA Members (Parents and Students) – FREE
- Non Members* – Suggested Donation of $10.00 (the price of a PTSA membership)
* Seniors needing letters of recommendation or any documents for private colleges by January 1. See your counselor ASAP. Thank you!
* College SPARK: Bring your college questions to room C-4 on Mondays 3:10-4:10 and Tuesdays @ lunch and a counselor will be available to answer questions and provide college support! Hope to see you there.
* Engineering Club meets every Monday in room T-12 at lunch.
* Do you believe in gender equality? Would you like to support girls in developing nations? Join Girl UP-our meetings are Tuesdays in room J-2 at lunch. We fundraise, advocate, and empower on behalf of girls around the world through the United Nations Foundation.
* Join Interact Club, we meet every Tuesday in room L-1.
* If you love Spongebob and enjoy the first 3 seasons of the show, then Spongebob Club is just the club for you. Bring your lunch and be ready to laugh at the antics of our friends from Bikini Bottom. We hold club meetings every Wednesday at lunch in room i-2. When in doubt, pinky out!
* KIWIN’S will be meeting Wednesdays in the gym during lunch. Hope to see you all there!
* The ACHS Gay-Straight Alliance Club meets every Friday during lunch in room A-1. ALL PEOPLE ARE WELCOME; ALL ARE EMBRACED and ACCEPTED.
* Baseball: There will be a second meeting for all players interested in trying out for the baseball program on Friday, December 8 at lunch in room M-4.
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE: First Semester
Friday, Dec. 8-End of Progress Grading Period
Friday, Dec 15- Grades Mailed Home
Friday, Jan 26–End of 1st Semester
Friday, Feb 2-Grades Mailed Home
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE: Second Semester
Friday, March 2-End of Progress Grading Period
Friday, March 9- Grades Mailed Home
Wednesday, April 11–End of 3rd Quarter
Friday, April 20 -Grades Mailed Home
Friday, May 11-End of Progress Grading Period
Friday, May 18- Grades Mailed Home
Friday, June 15–End of 2nd Semester
Friday, June 22-Grades Mailed Home
ACHS COMMUNITY CALENDAR:
* To view the ACHS Calendar please visit http://www.camarillohigh.us/calendar/
ACHS CALENDAR EVENTS: (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|December 5||PTSA Meeting||Library,6:30pm|
|December 7||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|December 9||Marching Band and Mariachi @ Camarillo Xmas Parade||Morning|
|December 10||Winter Concert||RCHS AT 6:30pm|
|December 11||Fall Sports Awards Night||Gym- 7:00pm|
|December 12 & 13||Blood Drive||Cafeteria 1-61h periods|
|December 14||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|December 20||ELAC Meeting||Cafeteria, 6:00pm|
|December 22-Jan. 5||WINTER BREAK||NO SCHOOL|
|January 8, 2018||Welcome Back from v\linter Break!||WELCOME BACK!|
|January 9||PTSA Meeting||Library,6:30pm|
|January 11||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|January 15||HOLIDAY – Martin Luther King Jr. Day||NO SCHOOL|
|January 18||School Site Council Meeting||E-10,2:00pm|
|January 18||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|January 24||FINAL EXAMS (Finals Periods 5, 6)||Minimum Day|
|January 25||FINAL EXAMS (Finals Periods 1, 3)||Minimum Day|
|January 26||FINAL EXAMS (Finals Periods 2, 4)||Minimum Day|
|January 29||Teacher Prep Day||NO SCHOOL|
ACHS CALENDAR Events- Second Semester (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|January 30||Start of Second Semester|
|January 31||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|
|February 1||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|February 2||8th Grade Tour at ACHS||TBA|
|February 6||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|February 8||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|February 12||HOLIDAY – Lincoln’s Birthday||NO SCHOOL|
|February 14||Valentine’s Rally – Quad||During Lunch|
|February 15||Minimum Day/Staff Development Afternoon||Minimum Day|
|February 19||HOLIDAY – President’s Day||NO SCHOOL|
|February 22||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|February 28||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|