Bulletin for the week of January 15, 2018
* The Computer Literacy Test will be Thursday, 1/18 at 2:00 in room B-5. Sign up in room B-5. There are 24 spots available.
* Students: Semester one finals are quickly approaching- do you need any help preparing? Peer 2 Peer Tutoring is underway servicing English, Math, Science and Social Science. Bring your homework, classwork, tests or quizzes and your peers can review them with you and reteach important concepts for clarification. Tutoring during lunch is every Tuesday and Wednesday in room L-4. Tutors are still needed and service hours can be met for clubs and classroom requirements. See Ms. Carey for questions.
* Do you need service hours? Girls and Boys tennis are raising money for a new Rally Backboard. Donate 1 bag of 25 pairs of lightly used shoes and receive 2 hours of community service. We are collecting shoes through February. Bins are located in the front office and in the boys’ and girls’ locker rooms. Simply bring the bag to Coach Grafenstein or Coach Anderson in the locker rooms. Count out the shoes and receive your community service hours. All sizes and styles of shoes are accepted except for ski boots and golf shoes. Thank you.
* College SPARK: Bring your college questions to room C-4 on Mondays 3:10-4:10 and Tuesdays @ lunch and a counselor will be available to answer questions and provide college support! Hope to see you there.
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
* Seniors: There are scholarships available. Please open your student email and see what is available, and pick up applications in the College & Career Center.
* Seniors: If you are applying or have applied and will be attending Oxnard, Moorpark or Ventura College and are interested in attending OC Friday, MC Preview day or Pirate Friday, please come and sign-up with Mrs. Isaac in room C-4.
* If you have applied to Ventura College, please make sure to complete your Group Counseling before attending Pirate Friday. If you complete this, you could get priority registration for the fall. See Mrs. Isaac for more information.
* Are you attending Moorpark College in the Fall? ACCESS Incoming Freshman Annual Orientation is on Thursday, March 22, 2018 6-8pm. Please RSVP by February 1st, 2018 at 805-378-1461.
* College Visiting:
- University of Alabama: January 18th at lunch.
* Engineering Club meets every Monday in room T-12 at lunch.
* Do you believe in gender equality? Would you like to support girls in developing nations? Join Girl UP-our meetings are Tuesdays in room J-2 at lunch. We fundraise, advocate, and empower on behalf of girls around the world through the United Nations Foundation.
* Join Interact Club, we meet every Tuesday in room L-1.
* If you love Spongebob and enjoy the first 3 seasons of the show, then Spongebob Club is just the club for you. Bring your lunch and be ready to laugh at the antics of our friends from Bikini Bottom. We hold club meetings every Wednesday at lunch in room i-2. When in doubt, pinky out!
* KIWIN’S will be meeting Wednesdays in the gym during lunch. Hope to see you all there!
* The ACHS Gay-Straight Alliance Club meets every Friday during lunch in room A-1. ALL PEOPLE ARE WELCOME; ALL ARE EMBRACED and ACCEPTED.
* Baseball try-outs are January 16-18 at 3:15
* Swim makeup tryouts scheduled for 1/19.
* A valid athletic clearance MUST be on file prior to the tryouts
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE: First Semester
Friday, Jan 26–End of 1st Semester
Friday, Feb 2-Grades Mailed Home
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE: Second Semester
Friday, March 2-End of Progress Grading Period
Friday, March 9- Grades Mailed Home
Wednesday, April 11–End of 3rd Quarter
Friday, April 20 -Grades Mailed Home
Friday, May 11-End of Progress Grading Period
Friday, May 18- Grades Mailed Home
Friday, June 15–End of 2nd Semester
Friday, June 22-Grades Mailed Home
ACHS COMMUNITY CALENDAR:
* To view the ACHS Calendar please visit http://www.camarillohigh.us/calendar/
ACHS CALENDAR EVENTS: (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|January 15||HOLIDAY – Martin Luther King Jr. Day||NO SCHOOL|
|January 18||School Site Council Meeting||E-10,2:00pm|
|January 18||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|January 24||FINAL EXAMS (Finals Periods 5, 6)|
|January 25||FINAL EXAMS (Finals Periods 1, 3)|
|January 26||FINAL EXAMS (Finals Periods 2, 4)|
|January 29||Teacher Prep Day||NO SCHOOL|
ACHS CALENDAR Events- Second Semester (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|January 30||Start of Second Semester|
|January 31||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|
|February 1||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|February 2||8th Grade Tour at ACHS||TBA|
|February 6||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|February 8||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|February 12||HOLIDAY – Lincoln’s Birthday||NO SCHOOL|
|February 14||Valentine’s Rally – Quad||During Lunch|
|February 15||Minimum Day/Staff Development Afternoon||Minimum Day|
|February 19||HOLIDAY – President’s Day||NO SCHOOL|
|February 22||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|February 28||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|
|March 1||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|March 5||Scorpion Showcase/OPEN HOUSE-Gym @ 6:00pm||Minimum Day|
|March 6||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|March 8||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|March 9||Spring Rally||Gym, Rally Schedule|
|March 12||Winter Sports Awards Night||Gym- 7:00 pm|
|March 15||School Site Council Meeting||E-10, 2:00pm|
|March 15||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|March 16||Powder Puff Game||Stadium, 6:00pm|
|March 22||ELAC & SSC Training||DO- 6:00pm|
|March 26-30||SPRING BREAK||NO SCHOOL|