Bulletin for the week of January 29, 2018
* Do you need service hours? Girls and Boys tennis are raising money for a new Rally Backboard. Donate 1 bag of 25 pairs of lightly used shoes and receive 2 hours of community service. We are collecting shoes through April. Bins are located in the front office and in the boys’ and girls’ locker rooms. Simply bring the bag to Coach Grafenstein or Coach Anderson in the locker rooms. Count out the shoes and receive your community service hours. All sizes and styles of shoes are accepted except for ski boots and golf shoes. Thank you.
* 11th and 12th Graders: Do you have an interest in Global Trade and Logistics? If so, there is a great opportunity for an after-school program through the Port of Hueneme. Students will gain hands-on learning experience to the opportunities and operations at the Port. Topics include Port Hueneme’s role and economic contribution to global trade, automobile transport, shipping lines, logistics, finance and accounting and more! See your counselor or Ms. Stuteville for details and an application. Apps are due 2/9.
* The Community Law Enforcement Academy applications are due 2/8 for interested Juniors and Seniors. Students will have the opportunity to explore and discuss topics such as criminal justice, policing, domestic violence and crime scene investigation. See Ms. Stuteville for details.
* Attention Juniors and Seniors: Interested in computer science, electrical or mechanical engineering? If so, apply for the Pre-Engineering Academy with NAVSEA today. This is a great hands-on experience and looks wonderful on college applications! Applications are available with your counselor and are due by 2/8. See Ms. Stuteville for details.
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
- California Aeronautical University: During 3rd period January 30th
- Dream International Barber/Cosmetology: During lunch February 21st
- The Craft Studios: If you are interested in barbering, come and listen to a past ACHS student who now owns his own barbering shop. February 13th, during 3rd period.
*Scholarships due soon: Please make sure to view your student email for more scholarship information.
- California State PTA & PTSA members
- Jackie Robinson Foundation
- Edison International
- Elks National Foundation
- Northrop Grumman Engineering
- Davidson Fellow
- California Strawberry
- Vegetarian Resource
- Kiwanis Cal-Nev-Ha Foundation
- Toyota Teen Drive 365
* Lost and Found: If you have lost something anytime this year, please come check in room C-4. Anything that is not claimed by February 2nd will be donated.
* Seniors: If you are applying or have applied and will be attending Oxnard, Moorpark or Ventura College and are interested in attending OC Friday, MC Preview day or Pirate Friday, please come and sign-up with Mrs. Isaac in room C-4.
* If you have applied to Ventura College, please make sure to complete your Group Counseling before attending Pirate Friday. If you complete this, you could get priority registration for the fall. See Mrs. Isaac for more information.
* Are you attending Moorpark College in the Fall? ACCESS Incoming Freshman Annual Orientation is on Thursday, March 22, 2018 6-8pm. Please RSVP by February 1st, 2018 at 805-378-1461.
* Juniors and Seniors: The Career Expo will be held on March 9th. If you are interested in learning about the different career options you have and learn some interview soft skills, please sign-up with Mrs. Isaac, space is limited. Last day to sign up will be February 19th.
*Seniors: Please, make sure to bring Mrs. Isaac a copy of the acceptance or enlistment letter of the University, Community College, Trade School, Apprenticeship or Military branch you will be attending. Also, bring information on scholarships and grants received. All this information will be kept confidential and will be used for reports and Senior Awards. This information is due by May 4th.
* Seniors: if you are attending Ventura College: come and hear about their First Year Experience Program. This program will give you assistance during your first year at VC, as well as priority registration. February 14 during 3rd. Sign up in room C-4.
* If you love Spongebob and enjoy the first 3 seasons of the show, then Spongebob Club is just the club for you. Bring your lunch and be ready to laugh at the antics of our friends from Bikini Bottom. We hold club meetings every Wednesday at lunch in room i-2. When in doubt, pinky out!
* KIWIN’S will be meeting Wednesdays in the gym during lunch. Hope to see you all there!
* The ACHS Gay-Straight Alliance Club meets every Friday during lunch in room A-1. ALL PEOPLE ARE WELCOME; ALL ARE EMBRACED and ACCEPTED.
* Engineering Club meets every Monday in room T-12 at lunch.
* Do you believe in gender equality? Would you like to support girls in developing nations? Join Girl UP-our meetings are Tuesdays in room J-2 at lunch. We fundraise, advocate, and empower on behalf of girls around the world through the United Nations Foundation.
* Join Interact Club, we meet every Tuesday in room L-1.
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE: First Semester
Friday, Jan 26–End of 1st Semester
Friday, Feb 2-Grades Mailed Home
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE: Second Semester
Friday, March 2-End of Progress Grading Period
Friday, March 9- Grades Mailed Home
Wednesday, April 11–End of 3rd Quarter
Friday, April 20 -Grades Mailed Home
Friday, May 11-End of Progress Grading Period
Friday, May 18- Grades Mailed Home
Friday, June 15–End of 2nd Semester
Friday, June 22-Grades Mailed Home
ACHS COMMUNITY CALENDAR:
* To view the ACHS Calendar please visit http://www.camarillohigh.us/calendar/
ACHS Calendar Events:
|January 29||Teacher Prep Day||NO SCHOOL|
ACHS CALENDAR Events- Second Semester (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|January 30||Start of Second Semester|
|January 31||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|
|February 1||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|February 2||8th Grade Tour at ACHS||TBA|
|February 6||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|February 8||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|February 12||HOLIDAY – Lincoln’s Birthday||NO SCHOOL|
|February 14||Valentine’s Rally – Quad||During Lunch|
|February 15||Minimum Day/Staff Development Afternoon||Minimum Day|
|February 19||HOLIDAY – President’s Day||NO SCHOOL|
|February 22||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|February 28||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|
|March 1||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|March 5||Scorpion Showcase/OPEN HOUSE-Gym @ 6:00pm||Minimum Day|
|March 6||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|March 8||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|March 9||Spring Rally||Gym, Rally Schedule|
|March 12||Winter Sports Awards Night||Gym- 7:00 pm|
|March 15||School Site Council Meeting||E-10, 2:00pm|
|March 15||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|March 16||Powder Puff Game||Stadium, 6:00pm|
|March 22||ELAC & SSC Training||DO- 6:00pm|
|March 26-30||SPRING BREAK||NO SCHOOL|