Bulletin for the week of February 19, 2018
*AP Tests are on sale now through March 16 at the Bookkeeper window. Siblings wishing to get the multi-test discount must buy at the same time. Forms are available on the counter.
* The computer literacy test will be offered on Thursday, February 22 at 2:00PM in B-5. See Mr. Foster in B-5 for details and to sign up. Seniors will have priority.
* Attention Seniors! Global Scholars is offering five $1,000 scholarships for underprivileged or disadvantaged seniors in Ventura County. Applicants must plan to attend college or university this fall, have an unweighted GPA of 3.0 or higher, and submit applications by March 31st. Please visit globalscholarsinc.weebly.com to access applications and additional details.
* Do you need service hours? Girls and Boys tennis are raising money for a new Rally Backboard. Donate 1 bag of 25 pairs of lightly used shoes and receive 2 hours of community service. We are collecting shoes through April. Bins are located in the front office and in the boys’ and girls’ locker rooms. Simply bring the bag to Coach Grafenstein or Coach Anderson in the locker rooms. Count out the shoes and receive your community service hours. All sizes and styles of shoes are accepted except for ski boots and golf shoes. Thank you.
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
- Dream International Barber/Cosmetology: During lunch February 21st
- UC Santa Cruz, 3rd period, March 20,2018. Sign up in room C-4.
*Scholarships due soon: Please make sure to view your student email for more scholarship information.
- California Strawberry
- Vegetarian Resource
- Kiwanis Cal-Nev-Ha Foundation
- Toyota Teen Drive 365
- Sons of Italy Western Foundation
- Directing Change program and Film contest
* Seniors: If you will be attending Oxnard, Moorpark or Ventura College and are interested in attending OC Friday, MC Preview day or Pirate Friday, please come and sign-up with Mrs. Isaac in room C-4 by March 16th.
* If you have applied to Ventura College, please make sure to complete your Group Counseling before attending Pirate Friday. If you complete this, you could get priority registration for the fall. See Mrs. Isaac for more information.
* Juniors and Seniors: The Career Expo will be held on March 9th. If you are interested in learning about the different career options you have and learn some interview soft skills, please sign-up with Mrs. Isaac, space is limited. Last day to sign up will be February 19th.
*Seniors: Please, make sure to bring Mrs. Isaac a copy of the acceptance or enlistment letter of the University, Community College, Trade School, Apprenticeship or Military branch you will be attending. Also, bring information on scholarships and grants received. All this information will be kept confidential and will be used for reports and Senior Awards. This information is due by May 4th.
* Do you believe in gender equality? Would you like to support girls in developing nations? Join Girl UP-our meetings are Tuesdays in room J-2 at lunch. We fundraise, advocate, and empower on behalf of girls around the world through the United Nations Foundation.
* Join Interact Club, we meet every Tuesday in room L-1.
* If you love Spongebob and enjoy the first 3 seasons of the show, then Spongebob Club is just the club for you. Bring your lunch and be ready to laugh at the antics of our friends from Bikini Bottom. We hold club meetings every Wednesday at lunch in room i-2. When in doubt, pinky out!
* KIWIN’S will be meeting Wednesdays in room A-7 during lunch. Hope to see you all there!
* Are you interested in pursuing a career in the medical field? Join ACHS Medical Academy! We have monthly speakers, workshops, and labs regarding careers in surgery, medicine, physical therapy, healthcare management, nursing, and more! We have monthly meetings in room L-12 at lunch. Please join on the remind app @ACHSMEDIC for updates.
* Engineering Club meets every Monday in room T-12 at lunch.
* Check out goscorps.com for all winter scores and schedules.
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE:
Friday, March 2-End of Progress Grading Period
Friday, March 9- Grades Mailed Home
Wednesday, April 11–End of 3rd Quarter
Friday, April 20 -Grades Mailed Home
Friday, May 11-End of Progress Grading Period
Friday, May 18- Grades Mailed Home
Friday, June 15–End of 2nd Semester
Friday, June 22-Grades Mailed Home
ACHS COMMUNITY CALENDAR:
* To view the ACHS Calendar please visit http://www.camarillohigh.us/calendar/
CALENDAR Events- (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|February 19||HOLIDAY – President’s Day||NO SCHOOL|
|February 22||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|February 28||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|
|March 1||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|March 5||Scorpion Showcase/OPEN HOUSE-Gym @ 6:00pm||Minimum Day|
|March 6||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|March 8||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|March 9||Spring Rally||Gym, Rally Schedule|
|March 12||Winter Sports Awards Night||Gym- 7:00 pm|
|March 15||School Site Council Meeting||E-10, 2:00pm|
|March 15||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|March 16||Powder Puff Game||Stadium, 6:00pm|
|March 22||ELAC & SSC Training||DO- 6:00pm|
|March 26-30||SPRING BREAK||NO SCHOOL|