Bulletin for the week of March 5, 2018
*AP Tests are on sale now through March 16 at the Bookkeeper window. Siblings wishing to get the multi-test discount must buy at the same time. Forms are available on the counter.
* All Seniors-If you are interested in being on the prom committee, please attend an informational meeting on March 6th in room N-5 at lunch.
* Attention Seniors! Global Scholars is offering five $1,000 scholarships for underprivileged or disadvantaged seniors in Ventura County. Applicants must plan to attend college or university this fall, have an unweighted GPA of 3.0 or higher, and submit applications by March 31st. Please visit globalscholarsinc.weebly.com to access applications and additional details.
* Do you need service hours? Girls and Boys tennis are raising money for a new Rally Backboard. Donate 1 bag of 25 pairs of lightly used shoes and receive 2 hours of community service. We are collecting shoes through April. Bins are located in the front office and in the boys’ and girls’ locker rooms. Simply bring the bag to Coach Grafenstein or Coach Anderson in the locker rooms. Count out the shoes and receive your community service hours. All sizes and styles of shoes are accepted except for ski boots and golf shoes. Thank you.
* A select number of reserved club seats will be available for graduation via a lottery. To enter the lottery, send an email with name, phone, number of seats (max 6), and graduating senior’s name to email@example.com by March 10th. Entering lottery is free. Seats are $35 each. One entry per graduating senior. Those that purchased Club Seats for the 2018 football season before March 4th will be entitled to purchase seats ahead of lottery winners. Details can be found at
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
- UC Santa Cruz, 3rd period, March 20,2018. Sign up in room C-4.
*Scholarships due soon: Please make sure to view your student email for more scholarship information.
- California Strawberry
- Vegetarian Resource
- Kiwanis Cal-Nev-Ha Foundation
- Toyota Teen Drive 365
- Sons of Italy Western Foundation
- Directing Change program and Film contest
* Seniors: If you will be attending Oxnard, Moorpark or Ventura College and are interested in attending OC Friday, MC Preview day or Pirate Friday, please come and sign-up with Mrs. Isaac in room C-4 by March 16th.
* If you have applied to Ventura College, please make sure to complete your Group Counseling before attending Pirate Friday. If you complete this, you could get priority registration for the fall. See Mrs. Isaac for more information.
* Seniors: Please, make sure to bring Mrs. Isaac a copy of the acceptance or enlistment letter of the University, Community College, Trade School, Apprenticeship or Military branch you will be attending. Also, bring information on scholarships and grants received. All this information will be kept confidential and will be used for reports and Senior Awards. This information is due by May 4th.
* Want to help raise awareness, increase sustainability, and improve the well-being of our community? Join Naturally Green, and come to room T-8 on Wednesday lunch to see what you can do to help.
* KIWIN’S has a meeting Wednesday at lunch in room H-4. Hope to see you there.
* Are you interested in pursuing a career in the medical field? Join ACHS Medical Academy! We have monthly speakers, workshops, and labs regarding careers in surgery, medicine, physical therapy, healthcare management, nursing, and more! We have monthly meetings in room L-12 at lunch. Please join on the remind app @ACHSMEDIC for updates.
* Engineering Club meets every Monday in room T-12 at lunch.
* Do you believe in gender equality? Would you like to support girls in developing nations? Join Girl UP-our meetings are Tuesdays in room J-2 at lunch. We fundraise, advocate, and empower on behalf of girls around the world through the United Nations Foundation.
* Join Interact Club, we meet every Tuesday in room L-1.
* If you love Spongebob and enjoy the first 3 seasons of the show, then Spongebob Club is just the club for you. Bring your lunch and be ready to laugh at the antics of our friends from Bikini Bottom. We hold club meetings every Wednesday at lunch in room i-2. When in doubt, pinky out!
* Check out goscorps.com for all winter scores and schedules.
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE:
Friday, March 2-End of Progress Grading Period
Friday, March 9- Grades Mailed Home
Wednesday, April 11–End of 3rd Quarter
Friday, April 20 -Grades Mailed Home
Friday, May 11-End of Progress Grading Period
Friday, May 18- Grades Mailed Home
Friday, June 15–End of 2nd Semester
Friday, June 22-Grades Mailed Home
ACHS COMMUNITY CALENDAR:
* To view the ACHS Calendar please visit http://www.camarillohigh.us/calendar/
CALENDAR Events- (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|March 5||Scorpion Showcase/OPEN HOUSE-Gym @ 6:00pm||Minimum Day|
|March 6||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|March 8||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|March 9||Spring Rally||Gym, Rally Schedule|
|March 12||Winter Sports Awards Night||Gym- 7:00 pm|
|March 15||School Site Council Meeting||E-10, 2:00pm|
|March 15||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|March 16||Powder Puff Game||Stadium, 6:00pm|
|March 22||ELAC & SSC Training||DO- 6:00pm|
|March 26-30||SPRING BREAK||NO SCHOOL|
|April 3||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|April 5||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|April 9||Teachers’ Choice Awards Night||Gym 6:00 pm|
|April 11||End of Third Quarter|
|April 12||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|April 16||District Wide Professional Development Day||NO SCHOOL|
|April 20||Talent Show||Gym 6:00 pm|
|April 25||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|
|April 26||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|April 30||Academic Awards Night||Gym 6:00 pm|
|May 1||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm
|May 1-2||Blood Drive||Periods 1-6, Cafeteria|
|May 3||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|May 5||Prom, The Vineyard, Simi Valley||7:00 PM -11:00 pm|
|May 6||After Prom Party-Roxy Theater||After Prom|
|May 7 – 18||AP EXAMS||VCOE|
|May 10||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|May 17||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|May 17||School Site Council Meeting||E-10, 2:00pm|
|May 21-31||CAASPP Testing||TBA|
|May 28||HOLIDAY – Memorial Day||NO SCHOOL|
|May 29||Spring Sports Awards Night||Gym- 7:00PM|
|May 30||ELAC Meeting||Cafeteria, 6:00pm|