Bulletin for the week of April 16, 2018
* The ACHS Drama Department presents, The Crucible, by Arthur Miller:
- May 3, Thursday, 7PM and May 4, Friday, 7PM.
- Students: $5.00 and Adults: $10.00
* The Camarillo Council PTA is hosting a screening of the film “Not Alone”, a film which addresses teen depression and suicide (the second leading cause of death for teenagers). The film will be shown on Monday, May 14 at the Roxy Theater at 6:30. Tickets are $5 each and seating is limited (small popcorn is included in the price). We encourage parents, school staff, and community members to attend as well as high school and middle school students accompanied by a parent. The film is recommended for age 14 and up. The film will be followed by a discussion panel featuring Tristen Vance Henderson and Interface. More information is available at www.camarillopta.org.
* Music Fundraisers:
- April 28th – 2nd Annual Food Truck Festival at ACHS. Purchase tickets. Come enjoy great entertainment. Great activities for families.
- April 30th – 2nd Annual ACHS Music Golf Tournament at Las Posas Country Club. Please visit achsmusic.com for more info and registration.
- May 19th – Tootles and Noodles Concert, Pasta Dinner and Silent Auction.
* Attention all senior girls! Are you still in search for a dress for prom? Red Carpet Formal Wear is giving back 15% to our class for every dress sold. Located at 501 Mobil Ave., Camarillo.
* Hey Scorps: Class of 2018 would like to invite all students and families to our Pizza night at the new Topper’s location in Camarillo. Please join us on Monday, April 23rd from 3:30pm to 9:00pm for some pizza and Topper’s will donate 20% back to our senior class. See you there!
* The Class of 2018 would like to announce that we are holding our Second Annual Powderpuff game on April 27th. The game will start at 6:00 in the stadium. There will be music, a taco truck, and ticket prices are as follows:
- $5 with student ID
- $7 for the public
- Children 5 and under are free
See you there!
* Attention donut lovers! Girl Up is selling Krispy Kreme donuts for $10 a dozen. We are selling them Thursday and Fridays at the quad or anytime at the bookkeeper. We will be distributing them on April 27th. Keep an ear out for further announcements. Thank you!
* Do you need service hours? Girls and Boys tennis are raising money for a new Rally Backboard. Donate 1 bag of 25 pairs of lightly used shoes and receive 2 hours of community service. We are collecting shoes through April. Bins are located in the front office and in the boys’ and girls’ locker rooms. Simply bring the bag to Coach Grafenstein or Coach Anderson in the locker rooms. Count out the shoes and receive your community service hours. All sizes and styles of shoes are accepted, except for ski boots and golf shoes. Thank you!
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
* Seniors: This year you will be completing your Senior survey, via your district Gmail. Please make sure you log-in to your Gmail ASAP to make sure you have access to it. The Senior Survey will be available to you by April 17th. You will need to complete the survey and turn in proof of attendance and grants/scholarship information by May 4th.
* Seniors: If you got accepted to UC Merced, come meet with the UC Merced representative on April 17th during second period. Please make sure to sign up with Mrs. Isaac in room C-4. Any Sophomore or Junior interested in hearing about UC Merced may also sign up.
* If you have applied to Ventura College, please make sure to complete your Group Counseling before attending Pirate Friday. If you complete this, you could get priority registration for the fall. See Mrs. Isaac for more information.
* Seniors: Please make sure to bring Mrs. Isaac a copy of the acceptance or enlistment letter of the University, Community College, Trade School, Apprenticeship or Military branch you will be attending. Also, bring information on scholarships and grants received. All this information will be kept confidential and will be used for reports and Senior Awards. This information is due by May 4th.
* Scholarships due soon: Please make sure to view your student email for more scholarship information.
- First Freedom Student Competition
- Rotary Club of Camarillo Student Essay Contest: “The Four Way Test & Me”
- The Camarillo/Somis Pleasant Valley Lions Scholarship
- Meadowlark Service League
- Oxnard Federation of Teacher & School Employees (OFTSE)
- Helen Redford Scholarship from Somis Town & Country Club
- Pine Cone Foundation College Scholarships
- Los Primeros School of Science and Arts Alumn Scholarship
* KIWIN’S has a meeting Wednesday at lunch in room H-4. Hope to see you there.
* Are you interested in pursuing a career in the medical field? Join ACHS Medical Academy! We have monthly speakers, workshops, and labs regarding careers in surgery, medicine, physical therapy, healthcare management, nursing, and more! We have monthly meetings in room L-12 at lunch. Please join on the remind app @ACHSMEDIC for updates.
* Engineering Club meets every Monday in room T-12 at lunch.
* Do you believe in gender equality? Would you like to support girls in developing nations? Join Girl UP-our meetings are Tuesdays in room J-2 at lunch. We fundraise, advocate, and empower on behalf of girls around the world through the United Nations Foundation.
* The ACHS GSA Club is BACK! We will be meeting every Wednesday during lunch in room A-1.
* Join Interact Club, we meet every Tuesday in room L-1.
* If you love Spongebob and enjoy the first 3 seasons of the show, then Spongebob Club is just the club for you. Bring your lunch and be ready to laugh at the antics of our friends from Bikini Bottom. We hold club meetings every Wednesday at lunch in room i-2. When in doubt, pinky out!
* All new and returning girls tennis players: Mandatory informational meeting April 25th at the beginning of lunch in the girls’ locker room, coaches’ office. Any questions please see Ms. Grafenstein in the girls’ locker room.
* 2018 Reserved Football Seating Now on Sale – Early Bird Discount Ends May 1. Reserved club seats are discounted 10% until May 1. Seats are sold in pairs, include two Scorpion Season Passes (All Sports) and one reserved parking pass. Regular price is $300. Act now and get two seats for $270. Prices go up May 1. A limited number of seats are available. Don’t wait. Click here to purchase seats, https://mkt.com/scorpion-athletic-booster-club/item/scorpion-club-seat. A booster club volunteer will contact you to select exact seat location. Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Check out goscorps.com for all scores and schedules.
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE:
Wednesday, April 11–End of 3rd Quarter
Friday, April 20 -Grades Mailed Home
Friday, May 11-End of Progress Grading Period
Friday, May 18- Grades Mailed Home
Friday, June 15–End of 2nd Semester
Friday, June 22-Grades Mailed Home
ACHS COMMUNITY CALENDAR:
* To view the ACHS Calendar please visit http://www.camarillohigh.us/calendar/
CALENDAR Events- (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|April 16||District Wide Professional Development Day||NO SCHOOL|
|April 20||Talent Show||Gym 6:00 pm|
|April 25||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|
|April 26||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|April 27||Powder Puff Game||Stadium, 6:00pm|
|April 28||Music Fundraiser:2nd Annual Food Truck Festival at ACHS||Purchase tickets for $10
|April 30||Music Fundraiser:2nd Annual ACHS Music Golf Tournament at Las Posas CC
|May 1||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm
|May 1-2||Blood Drive||Periods 1-6, Cafeteria|
|May 3||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|May 3||The ACHS Drama Department presents, The Crucible, by Arthur Miller||7:00PM|
|May 4||The ACHS Drama Department presents, The Crucible, by Arthur Miller||7:00PM|
|May 5||Prom, The Vineyard, Simi Valley||7:00 PM -11:00 pm|
|May 6||After Prom Party-Roxy Theater||After Prom|
|May 7 – 18||AP EXAMS||VCOE|
|May 10||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|May 14||Scorpion Athletic Booster Club Meeting||Room L-12, 7:00pm|
|May 17||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|May 17||School Site Council Meeting||E-10, 2:00pm|
|May 19||Music Fundraiser: Tootles & Noodles Concert, Dinner & Silent Auction|
|May 21||Academic Awards Night||Gym 6:00 pm|
|May 21-31||CAASPP Testing||TBA|
|May 28||HOLIDAY – Memorial Day||NO SCHOOL|
|May 29||Spring Sports Awards Night||Gym- 7:00PM|
|May 30||ELAC Meeting||Cafeteria, 6:00pm|
|June 4||Senior Awards Night||Gym 6:00pm|
|June 5||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|June 7,8,11||SENIOR FINALS||Regular Days|
|June 11||Scorpion Athletic Booster Club Meeting||Room L-12, 7:00pm|
|June 13||FINAL EXAMS (Finals Periods 5, 6)||Exam Day Schedule|
|June 14||FINAL EXAMS (Finals Periods 1, 3)||Exam Day Schedule|
|June 15||FINAL EXAMS (Finals Periods 2, 4)||Exam Day Schedule|
|June 15||GRADUATION||James Ackerman Stadium|