In 2019, ACHS was placed on probationary status though we remain fully accredited.
WASC will conduct a (virtual) two-day Probationary Visit on March 22-23, 2021.
What is WASC
WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges) is the accrediting body that confirms our program here at ACHS meets the requirements for colleges and universities in the US. Accreditation validates our transcripts and ensures our students will be eligible for acceptance to 4-year colleges and universities.
The WASC process is a 6-year cycle, which includes a Self-Study Report, a four-day visit from the WASC Visiting Committee (VC), and usually a Mid-Cycle Progress Report in the third year. However, the length of time until our next visit depends on the term recommended by the Visiting Committee. Our next visit will be a virtual one on March 22-23, 2021.
All stakeholders will be involved in contributing to the Self-Study Report. ACHS stakeholders include students, parents, faculty, staff, site and district administration, and community members. We welcome new stakeholders to assist in the Self-Study process. If you are interested, please contact Self-Study Coordinators:
- Involvement and collaboration
- Clarification and measurement of CAMgoals for Life! and academic standards (formerly entitled the SLOs/ESLRs)
- Data analysis, program assessment, and holistic schoolwide evaluation to assess the impact on student learning
- Alignment to the Schoolwide Action Plan based on the school’s Critical Areas for Follow-Up
Visiting Committee Expectations:
- Involvement and collaboration by all stakeholders
- School’s Purpose: Mission, Vision, Values, and CAMgoals for Life!
- Data analysis, Assessment, and Self-Evaluation
- Students’ progress in academic standards and CAMgoals for Life!
- Action Plan alignment to Critical Areas for Follow-Up
- Capacity to carry out the Action Plan
- Use of prior accreditation findings
ACHS WASC TIMELINE:
|1. Spring 2019|
Received VC Report and recommendations of Critical Areas for Follow-Up
|2. Spring 2019|
Revised SPSA to address Critical Areas for Follow-Up recommended by the VC
|3. Summer 2019|
Accrediting Commission for Schools (ACS) WASC Committee approved a one-year extension to complete the Probationary Report
|4. Fall 2019-Fall 2020|
Implement, Evaluate, Revise SPSA through an ongoing process ensuring Critical Areas for Follow-Up are addressed
|5. Fall 2020|
Write Probationary Report
|6. Spring 2021|
WASC Probationary Virtual Visit