* The Camarillo Council PTA is hosting a screening of the film “Not Alone”, a film which addresses teen depression and suicide (the second leading cause of death for teenagers). The film will be shown on Monday, May 14 at the Roxy Theater at 6:30 pm. Tickets are $5 each and seating is limited (small popcorn is included in the price). We encourage parents, school staff, and community members to attend as well as high school and middle school students accompanied by a parent. The film is recommended for age 14 and up. The film will be followed by a discussion panel featuring Tristen Vance Henderson and Interface. More information is available at www.camarillopta.org.
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
* Scholarships due soon: Please make sure to view your student email for more scholarship information.
- Soroptimist International of Camarillo- Amy Durst McAvoy Memorial Scholarship
- Visionary Scholarship Program (American College Foundation)
- Museum of Ventura County Visual Arts Scholarship
- Rick & Marcie Sexauer Foundation Dream Scholarship
- Ojai Studio Artists Scholarship
- Ventura Adult & Continuing Education (VACE) Scholarship
- The Ellen Brokaw House Farm Workers Scholarship
- Mitchell & Crunk Adoption Scholarship Criteria
- Abbott and Fenner Scholarship Program
* KIWIN’S has a meeting Wednesday at lunch in room H-4. Hope to see you there.
* Are you interested in pursuing a career in the medical field? Join ACHS Medical Academy! We have monthly speakers, workshops, and labs regarding careers in surgery, medicine, physical therapy, healthcare management, nursing, and more! We have monthly meetings in room L-12 at lunch. Please join on the remind app @ACHSMEDIC for updates.
* Engineering Club meets every Monday in room T-12 at lunch.
* Do you believe in gender equality? Would you like to support girls in developing nations? Join Girl UP-our meetings are Tuesdays in room J-2 at lunch. We fundraise, advocate, and empower on behalf of girls around the world through the United Nations Foundation.
* The ACHS GSA Club is BACK! We will be meeting every Wednesday during lunch in room A-1.
* Join Interact Club, we meet every Tuesday in room L-1.
* If you love Spongebob and enjoy the first 3 seasons of the show, then Spongebob Club is just the club for you. Bring your lunch and be ready to laugh at the antics of our friends from Bikini Bottom. We hold club meetings every Wednesday at lunch in room i-2. When in doubt, pinky out!
* Camarillo High School’s 2018 Sports Physical Day is on May 18th from 2-6 PM. Cost is $25. Register at athleticclearance.com and bring physical exam form with parent/student signatures with you. Go to athleticclearance.com to download forms. Forms may also be picked up from your coach or in the office.
* Check out goscorps.com for all scores and schedules.
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE:
Friday, May 11-End of Progress Grading Period
Friday, May 18- Grades Mailed Home
Friday, June 15–End of 2nd Semester
Friday, June 22-Grades Mailed Home
ACHS COMMUNITY CALENDAR:
To view the ACHS Calendar please visit http://www.camarillohigh.us/calendar/
CALENDAR Events- (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|May 7 – 18||AP EXAMS||VCOE|
|May 14||Scorpion Athletic Booster Club Meeting||Room L-12, 7:00pm|
|May 17||Collegial Collaboration Day||Collegial Day|
|May 17||School Site Council Meeting||E-10, 2:00pm|
|May 19||Music Fundraiser: Tootles & Noodles Concert, Dinner & Silent Auction|
|May 21||Academic Awards Night||Gym 6:00 pm|
|May 21-31||CAASPP Testing||TBA|
|May 28||HOLIDAY – Memorial Day||NO SCHOOL|
|May 29||Spring Sports Awards Night||Gym- 7:00PM|
|May 30||ELAC Meeting||Cafeteria, 6:00pm|
|June 4||Senior Awards Night||Gym 6:00pm|
|June 5||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|June 7,8,11||SENIOR FINALS||Regular Days|
|June 11||Scorpion Athletic Booster Club Meeting||Room L-12, 7:00pm|
|June 13||FINAL EXAMS (Finals Periods 5, 6)||Exam Day Schedule|
|June 14||FINAL EXAMS (Finals Periods 1, 3)||Exam Day Schedule|
|June 15||FINAL EXAMS (Finals Periods 2, 4)||Exam Day Schedule|
|June 15||GRADUATION||James Ackerman Stadium|