COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
* Work Permits expire September 5th, 2018 even if you received it in the summer. Make sure to pick up a new work permit form from the College & Career Center in room C-4. If you will have Work Experience, pick up a yellow form. For those of you not in the class, pick up a blue form.
* See what is going on in the College & Career Center, follow the twitter page @cccscorps; ACHS College & Career Center.
* Colleges visiting: Please make sure to sign up in the College & Career Center if you are interested in learning about what they have to offer. These visits are open to all, not only seniors.
- Ventura College, September 10th, Period 4
- Washington State, September 14th, Period 3
- California State University Channel Islands, September 17th, Period 4
- UC Merced, September 19th, Period 4
- Moorpark College, September 20th, Period 4
- Cal Baptist, September 21st, Period 3
- Colorado Christian University, September 21st, Period 2
- Northeastern University, September 26th, Period 3
* Students you will no longer receive College & Career Center information via Naviance emails. Your only way to get information on what colleges/universities are visiting our campus and scholarship information will be by joining the College & Career Google Classroom. Join the classroom with code 8nelz8.
* There is a new College & Career Center Technician in room C-4. Her name is Ms. Evelyn Navarro. Please welcome her with open arms and Scorpion spirit. She is here to assist you.
* We will have boys’ basketball tryouts on Thursday, September 6th. Any players that are not playing a Fall Sport and have a current physical on file will be able to tryout. Additionally, if they make the team they will be added to the 6th period Basketball Class. Any players not currently enrolled in the class will have the opportunity to be added if they make the team. We will have another tryout once the fall season is completed for those athletes.
* Check out goscorps.com for all scores and schedules.
ACHS CALENDAR EVENTS: (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|September 3||Labor Day Holiday||HOLIDAY – No School|
|September 4||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|September 6||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|September 6||Principal Chats||Gym, Periods 1-4|
|September 11||ID Picture Make-Up Day||Wrestling Room|
|September 13||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|September 20||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|September 21||Club Rush||Quad, Lunchtime|
|September 28||Homecoming Rally||Rally Schedule|
|September 29||Homecoming Dance||Gym, 7:00pm-11:00pm|
|October 2||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|October 4||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|October 8||ELAC Meeting||Library, 5:00-6:00pm|
|October 8||Back-to-School Night / Minimum Day||Gym, 6:00pm / MINIMUM DAY|
|October 10||PSAT & SAT||Collegial Schedule|
|October 18||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|October 18||School Site Council Meeting||Library, 2:00pm|
|October 24||Professional Development Afternoon||MINIMUM DAY|
|October 24||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|
|October 31||End of First Quarter|