* The Upper Parking lot will remain locked until the end of the school day. If you have dismissal or plan to leave early, please park in the lower parking lot.
* 11th and 12th Graders: Do you have an interest in Global Trade and Logistics? If so, there is a great opportunity for an after-school program through the Port of Hueneme. Students will gain hands-on learning experience to the opportunities and operations at the Port. Topics include Port Hueneme’s role and economic contribution to global trade, automobile transport, shipping lines, logistics, finance and accounting and more! See your counselor or Ms. Stuteville for details and an application. Apps are due 9/14.
* The Community Law Enforcement Academy applications are due 9/28 for interested Juniors and Seniors. Students will have the opportunity to explore and discuss topics such as criminal justice, policing, domestic violence and crime scene investigation. See Ms. Stuteville for details.
* Attention Juniors and Seniors: Interested in computer science, electrical or mechanical engineering? If so, apply for the Pre-Engineering Academy with NAVSEA today. This is a great hands-on experience and looks wonderful on college applications! Applications are available with your counselor and are due by 9/14. See Ms. Stuteville for details.
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
* See what is going on in the College & Career Center, follow the twitter page @cccscorps; ACHS College & Career Center.
* Colleges visiting: Please make sure to sign up in the College & Career Center if you are interested in learning about what they have to offer. These visits are open to all, not only seniors.
- Washington State, September 14th, Period 3
- California State University Channel Islands, September 17th, Period 4
- UC Merced, September 19th, Period 4
- Moorpark College, September 20th, Period 4
- Cal Baptist, September 21st, Period 3
- Colorado Christian University, September 21st, Period 2
- Northeastern University, September 26th, period 3
* Students you will no longer receive College & Career Center information via Naviance emails. Your only way to get information on what colleges/universities are visiting our campus and scholarship information will be by joining the College & Career Google Classroom. Join the classroom with code 8nelz8.
* There is a new College & Career Center Technician in room C-4. Her name is Ms. Evelyn Navarro. Please welcome her with open arms and Scorpion spirit. She is here to assist you.
* Check out goscorps.com for all scores and schedules.
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE: First Semester
Friday, Sept 28- End of Progress 1 Grading Period
Friday, Oct 4-Grades Mailed Home
Wednesday, Oct 31- End of 1st Quarter
Friday, Nov 2- Grades Mailed Home,
Friday, Dec. 7-End of Progress 2 Grading Period
Friday, Dec 14- Grades Mailed Home
Friday, Jan 25–End of 1st Semester
Friday, Feb 1-Grades Mailed Home
ACHS CALENDAR EVENTS: (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|September 11||ID Picture Make-Up Day||Wrestling Room|
|September 13||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|September 20||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|September 21||Club Rush||Quad, Lunchtime|
|September 28||Homecoming Rally||Rally Schedule|
|September 29||Homecoming Dance||Gym, 7:00pm-11:00pm|
|October 2||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|October 4||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|October 8||ELAC Meeting||Library, 5:00-6:00pm|
|October 8||Back-to-School Night / Minimum Day||Gym, 6:00pm / MINIMUM DAY|
|October 10||PSAT & SAT||Collegial Schedule|
|October 18||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|October 18||School Site Council Meeting||Library, 2:00pm|
|October 24||Professional Development Afternoon||MINIMUM DAY|
|October 24||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|
|October 31||End of First Quarter|
|November 1||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|November 6||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|November 8||ELAC / SSC Parent Training||District Office, 6:00pm|
|November 12||Veteran’s Day Holiday||No School|
|November 19-23||Thanksgiving Break||No School|
|November 29||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|November 30||College Application Day||UC/CSU Deadline|