* CSF will have its first meeting Tuesday, 9/25 in J-1 (Mrs. Su’s room). Also, please pick up club forms in L-11 (Ms. Colborn’s room) and turn them in as soon as possible.
* Mock Trial – Any student interested in competing on the Mock Trial team this year should plan to attend try-outs on Tuesday, October 2, and Wednesday, October 3. Tryouts are at 6 PM in room D-3. See Mr. Near if you have any questions. Mock Trial is a national academic competition in which students prepare and then present a fictional criminal case before a Ventura County judge and a group of local attorneys who score the competition. Each team includes attorneys, witnesses, a bailiff, and a court clerk. There are also opportunities through the courtroom artist and courtroom journalist competition. If you have an interest in a career in law enforcement or the legal system this is the team for you!
* PTSA’s Reflections Contest is underway! If you’d like to produce art, dance, music, writing, photography or other individual creative works to earn money toward college, please see Mr. Storer in room D-1 for entry forms and information. The deadline for all Reflections contest entries is Oct. 12 to room D-1.
* The Upper Parking lot will remain locked until the end of the school day. If you have dismissal or plan to leave early, please park in the lower parking lot.
* The Community Law Enforcement Academy applications are due 9/28 for interested Juniors and Seniors. Students will have the opportunity to explore and discuss topics such as criminal justice, policing, domestic violence and crime scene investigation. See Ms. Stuteville for details.
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
* See what is going on in the College & Career Center, follow the twitter page @cccscorps; ACHS College & Career Center.
* Colleges Visiting: Please make sure to sign up in the College & Career Center if you are interested in learning about what they have to offer. These visits are open to all, not only seniors.
- Marlbora College- September 25th -Period 3
- Northeastern University-September 26th-Period 3
* Students you will no longer receive College & Career Center information via Naviance emails. Your only way to get information on what colleges/universities are visiting our campus and scholarship information will be by joining the College & Career Center Google Classroom. Join the classroom with code 8nelz8.
* There is a new College & Career Technician in room C-4. Her name is Ms. Evelyn Navarro. Please welcome her with open arms and Scorpion spirit. She is here to assist you.
* Any students interested in reviving the Manga/Short Story club see Mr. Storer in room D-1 at lunch, nutrition or in between classes.
* Check out goscorps.com for all scores and schedules.
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE: First Semester
Friday, Sept 28- End of Progress 1 Grading Period
Friday, Oct 4-Grades Mailed Home
Wednesday, Oct 31- End of 1st Quarter
Friday, Nov 2- Grades Mailed Home,
Friday, Dec. 7-End of Progress 2 Grading Period
Friday, Dec 14- Grades Mailed Home
Friday, Jan 25–End of 1st Semester
Friday, Feb 1-Grades Mailed Home
ACHS CALENDAR EVENTS: (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|September 28||Homecoming Rally||Rally Schedule|
|September 29||Homecoming Dance||Gym, 7:00pm-11:00pm|
|October 2||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|October 4||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|October 8||ELAC Meeting||Library, 5:00-6:00pm|
|October 8||Back-to-School Night / Minimum Day||Gym, 6:00pm / MINIMUM DAY|
|October 10||PSAT & SAT||Collegial Schedule|
|October 18||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|October 18||School Site Council Meeting||Library, 2:00pm|
|October 24||Professional Development Afternoon||MINIMUM DAY|
|October 24||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|
|October 31||End of First Quarter|
|November 1||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|November 6||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|November 8||ELAC / SSC Parent Training||District Office, 6:00pm|
|November 12||Veteran’s Day Holiday||No School|
|November 19-23||Thanksgiving Break||No School|
|November 29||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|November 30||College Application Day||UC/CSU Deadline|