* Mock Trial – Any student interested in competing on the Mock Trial team this year should plan to attend try-outs on Tuesday, October 2 and Wednesday, October 3. Tryouts are at 6 PM in room D-3. See Mr. Near if you have any questions. Mock Trial is a national academic competition in which students prepare and then present a fictional criminal case before a Ventura County judge and a group of local attorneys who score the competition. Each team includes attorneys, witnesses, a bailiff, and a court clerk. There are also opportunities through the courtroom artist and courtroom journalist competition. If you have an interest in a career in law enforcement or the legal system this is the team for you!
* PTSA’s Reflections Contest is underway! If you’d like to produce art, dance, music, writing, photography or other individual creative works to earn money toward college, please see Mr. Storer in room D-1 for entry forms and information. The deadline for all Reflections contest entries is Oct. 12 to room D-1.
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
* See what is going on in the College & Career Center, follow the twitter page @cccscorps; ACHS College & Career Center.
* Students you will no longer receive College & Career Center information via Naviance emails. Your only way to get information on what colleges/universities are visiting our campus and scholarship information will be by joining the College & Career Center Google Classroom. Join the classroom with code 8nelz8.
* The Unified Sports Club will meet in the gym at the beginning of lunch on Wednesday, October 3rd. Come join this club and participate in soccer, basketball, and track and field. This is a chance for all students, general and special education, to partner up and participate together in these sports and help create a climate of respect and acceptance for all students. We are looking for a president and vice president to lead the way. See Mrs. Perez if you have any questions.
* Any students interested in reviving the Manga/Short Story club see Mr. Storer in room D-1 at lunch, nutrition or in between classes.
* Check out goscorps.com for all scores and schedules.
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE: First Semester
Friday, Sept 28- End of Progress 1 Grading Period
Friday, Oct 4-Grades Mailed Home
Wednesday, Oct 31- End of 1st Quarter
Friday, Nov 2- Grades Mailed Home,
Friday, Dec. 7-End of Progress 2 Grading Period
Friday, Dec 14- Grades Mailed Home
Friday, Jan 25–End of 1st Semester
Friday, Feb 1-Grades Mailed Home
ACHS CALENDAR EVENTS: (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|October 2||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|October 4||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|October 8||ELAC Meeting||Library, 5:00-6:00pm|
|October 8||Back-to-School Night / Minimum Day||Gym, 6:00pm / MINIMUM DAY|
|October 10||PSAT & SAT||Collegial Schedule|
|October 18||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|October 18||School Site Council Meeting||Library, 2:00pm|
|October 24||Professional Development Afternoon||MINIMUM DAY|
|October 24||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|
|October 31||End of First Quarter|
|November 1||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|November 6||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|November 8||ELAC / SSC Parent Training||District Office, 6:00pm|
|November 12||Veteran’s Day Holiday||No School|
|November 19-23||Thanksgiving Break||No School|
|November 29||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|November 30||College Application Day||UC/CSU Deadline|
|December 4||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|December 6||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|December 10||Fall Sports Awards Night||Gym, 6:00pm|
|December 11-12||Blood Drive||Cafeteria|
|December 13||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|December 19||ELAC Meeting||Cafeteria, 6:00pm|
|Dec. 24 – Jan. 4||Winter Break||No School|