* The Geo Bowl is recruiting students for a competition that will take place on November 17 at Oxnard College. It’s a lot of fun. Being part of this group looks good on college and job applications. This year’s theme: “Our Changing Climate.” We will be meeting on Tuesdays, during lunch in room B-2. Any more information, please see Mr. Campos.
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
* See what is going on in the College & Career Center, follow the twitter page @cccscorps; ACHS College & Career Center.
* Colleges visiting: Please make sure to sign up in the College & Career Center if you are interested in learning about what they have to offer. These visits are open to all, not only seniors.
- California Aeronautical University October 15th – period 3
- California State University Channel Islands-October 15th-period 4
- University of Oregon-October 18th-period 2
- Moorpark College Application Day-October 18th-period 3
- University of Chicago-October 19th-period 4
- Oxnard College Application Workshop-October 23rd period 3 & 4
- FAFSA Application workshop-October 22nd & 25th-period 4
- Ventura College Application Day-October 30th-period 4
* Students you will no longer receive College & Career Center information via Naviance emails. Your only way to get information on what colleges/universities are visiting our campus and scholarship information will be by joining the College & Career Center Google Classroom. Join the classroom with code 8nelz8.
* Do you enjoy watching the crazy antics of Spongebob and his friends from Bikini Bottom? Then come to room i-2 on Wednesdays at lunch and see what all the buzz is about.
* Any students interested in reviving the Manga/Short Story club see Mr. Storer in room D-1 at lunch, nutrition or in between classes.
* Varsity athletes who are interested in celebrating Red Ribbon Week at Tierra Linda Elementary School on Wednesday, October 24th from 10:45 to 12:30, please see Mrs. Perez, the Athletic Director, for a field trip form. First thirty athletes to turn in the form will be selected to represent Camarillo Athletics to hang out with the Tierra Linda kids at their lunchtime and encourage them to make smart choices.
* Check out goscorps.com for all scores and schedules
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE: First Semester
Wednesday, Oct 31- End of 1st Quarter
Friday, Nov 2- Grades Mailed Home
Friday, Dec. 7-End of Progress 2 Grading Period
Friday, Dec 14- Grades Mailed Home
Friday, Jan 25–End of 1st Semester
Friday, Feb 1-Grades Mailed Home
ACHS CALENDAR EVENTS: (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|October 18||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|October 18||School Site Council Meeting||Library, 2:00pm|
|October 24||Professional Development Afternoon||MINIMUM DAY|
|October 24||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|
|October 31||End of First Quarter|
|November 1||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|November 6||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|November 8||ELAC / SSC Parent Training||District Office, 6:00pm|
|November 12||Veteran’s Day Holiday||No School|
|November 19-23||Thanksgiving Break||No School|
|November 29||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|November 30||College Application Day||UC/CSU Deadline|
|December 4||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|December 6||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|December 10||Fall Sports Awards Night||Gym, 6:00pm|
|December 11-12||Blood Drive||Cafeteria|
|December 13||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|December 19||ELAC Meeting||Cafeteria, 6:00pm|
|Dec. 24 – Jan. 4||Winter Break||No School|