* ACHS Drama Department presents, “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown”: The dates of the play are…
- Thursday, December 13-7pm
- Friday, December 14-7pm
- Saturday, December 15-2pm
* Explore Exciting Career Pathways Offered at Oxnard Union High Schools-2019 Career Education Showcase-Jan. 31, 2019 from 5:30 -8:00 p.m.-Please view attachment. Bulletin-Career Education Showcase
* Career Expo-Save The Date…March 22, 2019 from 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Event location is Oxnard Performing Arts Center at 800 Hobson Way, Oxnard. Sign up to attend. Open to all 11th and 12th grade OUHSD students. View attachment, please. Bulletin-Career Expo
* Northern Arizona University is offering to waive the application fee for those affected by the fires. Simply write in HELPCA for the fee waiver.
* Sierra Nevada College located in the Tahoe area wants you to know their application is open and FREE. It is suggested you apply by December 31 but they have a rolling admission. Rolling admission means there really isn’t a deadline. Learn more about this College at www.sierranevada.edu/visit. They offer more than 30 majors and minors in Ski Business Management, Fine Arts and Digital Design, Business Management, Environmental Science, Biology, Outdoor Adventure Leadership, International Studies, Sustainability and more, with exceptional professors in each field.
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
* See what is going on in the College & Career Center, follow the twitter page @cccscorps; ACHS College & Career Center.
* Students you will no longer receive College & Career Center information via Naviance emails. Your only way to get information on what colleges/universities are visiting our campus and scholarship information will be by joining the College & Career Center Google Classroom. Join the classroom with code 8nelz8.
* Art Club meets every Tuesday at lunch in room C-9. Feel free to show your creativity!
* Gay Straight Alliance Meeting: Wednesdays at lunch in room A-1.
* Do you enjoy watching the crazy antics of Spongebob and his friends from Bikini Bottom? Then come to room i-2 on Wednesdays at lunch and see what all the buzz is about.
* All new and returning athletes interested in competing this spring in track and field need to meet at lunch in the stadium on Wednesday, December 12th at the beginning of lunch. Mandatory “Intent to Compete” forms and try out information will be passed out. See Mrs. Perez in the office if you have questions.
* Check out goscorps.com for all scores and schedules
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE: First Semester
Friday, Dec. 7-End of Progress 2 Grading Period
Friday, Dec 14- Grades Mailed Home
Friday, Jan 25–End of 1st Semester
Friday, Feb 1-Grades Mailed Home
ACHS CALENDAR EVENTS: (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|December 10||Fall Sports Awards Night||Gym, 7:00pm|
|December 11-12||Blood Drive||Cafeteria|
|December 13||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|December 19||ELAC Meeting||Cafeteria, 6:00pm|
|Dec. 24 – Jan. 4||Winter Break||No School|
|January 7||School Resumes|
|January 8||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|January 10||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|January 11||Club Rush II||Quad, Lunchtime|
|January 17||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|January 17||School Site Council Meeting||Library, 2:00pm|
|January 21||Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday||No School|
|January 23-25||Semester 1 Finals||MINIMUM DAYS|
|January 28||Teacher Prep Day||No School|
ACHS CALENDAR EVENTS-Second Semester: (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|January 29||First day of Second Semester||Regular Schedule|
|January 30||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|
|February 1||8th Grade Visit / Tour||10:00am – 12:20pm|
|February 5||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|February 7||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|February 8||Renaissance Rally||Gym, Period 5|
|February 11||Lincoln’s Birthday Holiday||No School|
|February 14||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|February 18||President’s Day Holiday||No School|
|February 19||Information Night for Las Colinas 8th Grade Parents||Cafeteria, 6:00pm|
|February 21||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|February 21||Information Night for All Other 8th Grade Parents||Cafeteria, 6:00pm|
|February 25||8th Grade Packet Turn-In / Registration Night||Back of Office/A Wing, 5:00pm|
|February 27||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|
|February 28||Minimum Day – Professional Development Afternoon||MINIMUM DAY|