* Sign up today with your Counselor for the STEAM/ ROP Class-meets Mondays & Wednesdays, 3:30- 6 in the Wood Shop. See Mr. Wachtel in the Wood Shop for details.
* Explore Exciting Career Pathways Offered at Oxnard Union High Schools-2019 Career Education Showcase-Jan. 31, 2019 from 5:30 -8:00 p.m.-Please view attachment. Bulletin-Career Education Showcase
* Career Expo-Save The Date…March 22, 2019 from 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Event location is Oxnard Performing Arts Center at 800 Hobson Way, Oxnard. Sign up to attend. Open to all 11th and 12th grade OUHSD students. View attachment, please. Bulletin-Career Expo
* 11th and 12th Graders: Do you have an interest in Global Trade and Logistics? If so there is a great opportunity for an after school program through the Port of Hueneme. Students will gain hands-on learning experience to the opportunities and operations at the Port. Topics include Port Hueneme’s role and economic contribution to global trade, automobile transport, shipping lines, logistics, finance and accounting and more! See your counselor or Ms. Stuteville for details and an application. Apps are due Friday 2/8.
* The Community Law Enforcement Academy applications are due Tuesday 2/12 for interested Juniors and Seniors. Students will have the opportunity to explore and discuss topics such as criminal justice, policing, domestic violence and crime scene investigation. See Ms. Stuteville for details.
* Attention Juniors and Seniors: Interested in computer science, electrical or mechanical engineering? If so apply for the Pre-Engineering Academy with NAVSEA today. This is a great hands-on experience and looks wonderful on college applications! Applications are available with your counselor and are due by Thursday 2/7. See Ms. Stuteville for details.
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
* See what is going on in the College & Career Center, follow the twitter page @cccscorps; ACHS College & Career Center.
* Students you will no longer receive College & Career Center information via Naviance emails. Your only way to get information on what colleges/universities are visiting our campus and scholarship information will be by joining the College & Career Center Google Classroom. Join the classroom with code 8nelz8.
* Gay Straight Alliance Meeting: Wednesdays at lunch in room A-1.
* Do you enjoy watching the crazy antics of Spongebob and his friends from Bikini Bottom? Then come to room i-2 on Wednesdays at lunch and see what all the buzz is about.
* Check out goscorps.com for all scores and schedules.
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE: First Semester
Friday, Jan 25–End of 1st Semester
Friday, Feb 1-Grades Mailed Home
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE: Second Semester
Friday, March 1-End of Progress 3 Grading Period
Friday, March 8- Grades Mailed Home
Wednesday, April 4–End of 3rd Quarter
Friday, April 12 -Grades Mailed Home
Friday, May 10-End of Progress 4 Grading Period
Friday, May 17- Grades Mailed Home
Friday, June 14–End of 2nd Semester
Friday, June 21-Grades Mailed Home
ACHS CALENDAR EVENTS-First Semester: (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|January 28||Teacher Prep Day||No School|
ACHS CALENDAR EVENTS-Second Semester: (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|January 29||First day of Second Semester||Regular Schedule|
|January 30||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|
|February 1||8th Grade Visit / Tour||10:00am – 12:20pm|
|February 5||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|February 7||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|February 8||Renaissance Rally||Gym, Period 5|
|February 11||Lincoln’s Birthday Holiday||No School|
|February 14||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|February 18||President’s Day Holiday||No School|
|February 19||Information Night for Las Colinas 8th Grade Parents||Cafeteria, 6:00pm|
|February 21||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|February 21||Information Night for All Other 8th Grade Parents||Cafeteria, 6:00pm|
|February 25||8th Grade Packet Turn-In / Registration Night||Back of Office/A Wing, 5:00pm|
|February 27||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|
|February 28||Minimum Day – Professional Development Afternoon||MINIMUM DAY|
|March 5||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|March 6||SAT / Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|March 7||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|March 11||Winter Sports Awards Night||Gym, 7:00pm|
|March 14||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|March 18||OUHSD Professional Development Day||No School|
|March 21||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|March 22||Talent Show||Gym, 6:00pm|
|March 25||Scorpion Showcase / Open House||MINIMUM DAY|
|April 2||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|April 4||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|April 4||End of Third Quarter|
|April 8||Teacher’s Choice Awards||Gym, 6:00pm|
|April 11||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|April 15 – 19||Spring Break||No School|
|April 24||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|
|April 25||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|April 28 – May 1||WASC Visit|