* AP Tests are on sale now through March 22 at the ASB Bookkeeper window. Siblings must purchase theirs at the same time to receive the discount. Purchase early to avoid the lines. Forms are available at the window.
* Seniors: Please turn in your Senior Contract if you have not already done so. You will not be allowed to buy tickets for Grad Night or Prom or attend any senior activities until your form is completed and turned in. They can be picked up and turned in at the Student Window at the back of the office.
* This month is a very busy month for ASB and activities! Here are the following activities for February:
- Thursday 2/14-Harlem Wizards brief motivational assembly.
- Sunday, 2/17-Harlem Wizards fundraiser for the Class of 2019
- Friday, 2/22-Teen Truth Assembly and workshop
* To order tickets for the Harlem Wizards fundraiser for the Class of 2019, please follow the following instructions. Go to harlemwizards.com. Under the schedule/tickets drop down menu a calendar for February will come up. On February 17, choose the Camarillo game. It’ll give you the ticket purchase options. Tickets may also be purchased at the ASB Bookkeeper window.
* On Wednesday, February 13th, there is a fundraiser at Blvd. Burger in Old Town. Please come support the Class of 2019 by mentioning the senior class or presenting a physical or digital flier at the register. 15% goes to the senior class of 2019. Please go to Blvd. Burger from 11am-closing on February 13th and show your support.
* Career Expo-Save The Date…March 22, 2019 from 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Event location is Oxnard Performing Arts Center at 800 Hobson Way, Oxnard. Sign up to attend. Open to all 11th and 12th grade OUHSD students. View attachment, please. Bulletin-Career Expo
* The Community Law Enforcement Academy applications are due Tuesday 2/12 for interested Juniors and Seniors. Students will have the opportunity to explore and discuss topics such as criminal justice, policing, domestic violence and crime scene investigation. See Ms. Stuteville for details.
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
- February 12th– NCPS – Choosing A College, during lunch period.
- February 13th – Marine Corp will be visiting during 3rd period.
- March 1st – Oxnard College Field Trip from 8:30am to 2:00pm. Please go to the College & Career Center to sign up and obtain a permission slip.
- March 8th – Moorpark Field Trip from 9:00am to 1:00pm. Please go to the College & Career Center to sign up and obtain a permission slip.
- March 12th – NCPS – SAT/ACT meeting during lunch period.
- March 15th – Ventura College Pirate Friday Field Trip from 8:00am to 1:00pm. Please go to the College & Career Center to sign up and obtain a permission slip.
* See what is going on in the College & Career Center, follow the twitter page @cccscorps; ACHS College & Career Center.
* Students you will no longer receive College & Career Center information via Naviance emails. Your only way to get information on what colleges/universities are visiting our campus and scholarship information will be by joining the College & Career Center Google Classroom. Join the classroom with code 8nelz8.
* Gay Straight Alliance Meeting: Wednesdays at lunch in room A-1.
* Do you enjoy watching the crazy antics of Spongebob and his friends from Bikini Bottom? Then come to roomT-3 on Wednesdays at lunch and see what all the buzz is about.
* Check out goscorps.com for all scores and schedules.
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE:
Friday, March 1-End of Progress 3 Grading Period
Friday, March 8- Grades Mailed Home
Wednesday, April 4–End of 3rd Quarter
Friday, April 12 -Grades Mailed Home
Friday, May 10-End of Progress 4 Grading Period
Friday, May 17- Grades Mailed Home
Friday, June 14–End of 2nd Semester
Friday, June 21-Grades Mailed Home
ACHS CALENDAR EVENTS- (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|February 11||Lincoln’s Birthday Holiday||No School|
|February 14||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|February 18||President’s Day Holiday||No School|
|February 19||Information Night for Las Colinas 8th Grade Parents||Cafeteria, 6:00pm|
|February 21||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|February 21||Information Night for All Other 8th Grade Parents||Cafeteria, 6:00pm|
|February 25||8th Grade Packet Turn-In / Registration Night||Back of Office/A Wing, 5:00pm|
|February 27||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|
|February 28||Minimum Day – Professional Development Afternoon||MINIMUM DAY|
|March 5||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|March 6||SAT / Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|March 7||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|March 11||Winter Sports Awards Night||Gym, 7:00pm|
|March 14||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|March 18||OUHSD Professional Development Day||No School|
|March 21||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|March 22||Talent Show||Gym, 6:00pm|
|March 25||Scorpion Showcase / Open House||MINIMUM DAY|
|April 2||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|April 4||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|April 4||End of Third Quarter|
|April 8||Teacher’s Choice Awards||Gym, 6:00pm|
|April 11||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|April 15 – 19||Spring Break||No School|
|April 24||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|
|April 25||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|April 28 – May 1||WASC Visit|