* Please turn in your application for the State Seal of Biliteracy to Mr. Campos or Ms. Soberanis in room B-2 or room B-1. The deadline is February 28. There will be no extensions.
* AP Tests are on sale now through March 22 at the ASB Bookkeeper window. Siblings must purchase theirs at the same time to receive the discount. Purchase early to avoid the lines. Forms are available at the window.
* Seniors: Please turn in your Senior Contract if you have not already done so. You will not be allowed to buy tickets for Grad Night or Prom or attend any senior activities until your form is completed and turned in. They can be picked up and turned in at the Student Window at the back of the office.
* Career Expo-Save The Date…March 22, 2019 from 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Event location is Oxnard Performing Arts Center at 800 Hobson Way, Oxnard. Sign up to attend. Open to all 11th and 12th grade OUHSD students. View attachment, please. Bulletin-Career Expo
* ACHS Rugby Club Clinic– Boys and girls come ask about rugby on Monday. No Experience Needed.
- When: Monday, February 18
- Where: Lower Parking, Between Softball and Baseball fields
- Time: 10am – 12pm
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
- February 26th – Marine Corps will be visiting the College & Career Center at lunch.
- March 1st – Oxnard College Field Trip from 8:30am to 2:00pm. Please go to the College & Career Center to sign up and obtain a permission slip.
- March 8th – Moorpark Field Trip from 9:00am to 1:00pm. Please go to the College & Career Center to sign up and obtain a permission slip.
- March 12th – NCPS – SAT/ACT meeting during lunch period.
- March 15th – Ventura College Pirate Friday Field Trip from 8:00am to 1:00pm. Please go to the College & Career Center to sign up and obtain a permission slip.
- March 22nd – 34th Annual Career Expo: Open to all 11th and 12th grade students. Please go to the College & Career Center to sign up and get a permission slip.
* Scholarships have been uploaded to the ACHS College & Career Center Google Classroom. Please check them out and if you are not part of our class, sign up and join the classroom. Information to join is found below.
* College Field Trips: Even if you have already applied to the community colleges, sign up at the College and Career Center to participate in the field trips to Oxnard College, Moorpark College and Ventura College to tour the schools, get questions answered and to just be ready for your next adventure.
* See what is going on in the College & Career Center, follow the twitter page @cccscorps; ACHS College & Career Center.
* Students you will no longer receive College & Career Center information via Naviance emails. Your only way to get information on what colleges/universities are visiting our campus and scholarship information will be by joining the College & Career Center Google Classroom. Join the classroom with code 8nelz8.
* Gay Straight Alliance Meeting: Wednesdays at lunch in room A-1.
* Do you enjoy watching the crazy antics of Spongebob and his friends from Bikini Bottom? Then come to room T-3 on Wednesdays at lunch and see what all the buzz is about.
* Check out goscorps.com for all scores and schedules.
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE:
Friday, March 1-End of Progress 3 Grading Period
Friday, March 8- Grades Mailed Home
Wednesday, April 4–End of 3rd Quarter
Friday, April 12 -Grades Mailed Home
Friday, May 10-End of Progress 4 Grading Period
Friday, May 17- Grades Mailed Home
Friday, June 14–End of 2nd Semester
Friday, June 21-Grades Mailed Home
ACHS CALENDAR EVENTS- (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|February 18||President’s Day Holiday||No School|
|February 19||Information Night for Las Colinas 8th Grade Parents||Cafeteria, 6:00pm|
|February 21||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|February 21||Information Night for All Other 8th Grade Parents||Cafeteria, 6:00pm|
|February 25||8th Grade Packet Turn-In / Registration Night||Back of Office/A Wing, 5:00pm|
|February 27||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|
|February 28||Minimum Day – Professional Development Afternoon||MINIMUM DAY|
|March 5||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|March 6||SAT / Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|March 7||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|March 11||Winter Sports Awards Night||Gym, 7:00pm|
|March 14||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|March 18||OUHSD Professional Development Day||No School|
|March 21||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|March 22||Talent Show||Gym, 6:00pm|
|March 25||Scorpion Showcase / Open House||MINIMUM DAY|
|April 2||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|April 4||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|April 4||End of Third Quarter|
|April 8||Teacher’s Choice Awards||Gym, 6:00pm|
|April 11||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|April 15 – 19||Spring Break||No School|
|April 24||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|
|April 25||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|April 28 – May 1||WASC Visit|