* The Art Department is having a student art show at CSUCI on March 4 – April 4 in the CI Palm Temporary Gallery in Napa Hall. The art work displayed is based on the concept of students being part of Gen Z. There will be a reception on Thursday, March 14 from 6p – 8p. Thank you for supporting the arts!
* AP Tests are on sale now through March 22 at the ASB Bookkeeper window. Siblings must purchase theirs at the same time to receive the discount. Purchase early to avoid the lines. Forms are available at the window.
* Seniors: Please turn in your Senior Contract if you have not already done so. You will not be allowed to buy tickets for Grad Night or Prom or attend any senior activities until your form is completed and turned in. They can be picked up and turned in at the Student Window at the back of the office.
* Come to the Powderpuff game and watch the Seniors take on the Juniors on the ACHS football field at 6:00 pm on Friday, March 29. Get your ticket at the bookkeeper window for $5 or buy your ticket at the door for $7. All proceeds go to the Senior class, so please come watch some football.
* Career Expo-Save The Date…March 22, 2019 from 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Event location is Oxnard Performing Arts Center at 800 Hobson Way, Oxnard. Sign up to attend. Open to all 11th and 12th grade OUHSD students. View attachment, please. Bulletin-Career Expo
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
- March 4th – CSU Channel Islands will be visiting the College and Career Center during 4th and 5th periods. Please come and sign up at the College & Career Center if you are interested.
- March 8th – Moorpark Field Trip from 9:00am to 1:00pm. Please go to the College and Career Center to sign up and obtain a permission slip.
- March 12th – NCPS – SAT/ACT meeting during lunch period.
- March 15th – Ventura College Pirate Friday Field Trip from 8:00am to 1:00pm. Please go to the College and Career Center to sign up and obtain a permission slip.
- March 15th – VC Indian Education Meeting during 3rd period – Location: LIBRARY
- March 22nd – 34th Annual Career Expo: Open to all 11th and 12th grade students. Please go to the College and Career Center to sign up and get a permission slip.
- March 27th – Ventura College Workshop during 3rd and 4th periods at the College and Career Center
- April 9th – NCPS Resume Workshop at the College and Career Center at lunch.
- April 11th – Stony Brook University from New York will be visiting the College and Career Center at lunch.
- May 18th – Needing Student Volunteers for ” Operation Ride for The Red” on May 18, 2019 (Ten students needed from 5:00am to 8:00am for set up and ten students needed from 4:00pm to 6:00pm for take down) Come sign up at the College and Career Center if you are interested.
* Scholarships have been uploaded to the ACHS College & Career Center Google Classroom. Please check them out and if you are not part of our class, sign up and join the classroom. Information to join is found below.
* College Field Trips:
- Even if you have already applied to the community colleges, sign up at the College and Career Center to participate in the field trips to Moorpark College and Ventura College to tour the schools, get questions answered and to just be ready for your next adventure.
* See what is going on in the College & Career Center, follow the twitter page @cccscorps; ACHS College and Career Center.
* Students you will no longer receive College & Career Center information via Naviance emails. Your only way to get information on what colleges/universities are visiting our campus and scholarship information will be by joining the College and Career Center Google Classroom. Join the classroom with code 8nelz8.
* Gay Straight Alliance Meeting: Wednesdays at lunch in room A-1.
* Do you enjoy watching the crazy antics of Spongebob and his friends from Bikini Bottom? Then come to room T-3 on Wednesdays at lunch and see what all the buzz is about.
* Check out goscorps.com for all scores and schedules.
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE:
Friday, March 1-End of Progress 3 Grading Period
Friday, March 8- Grades Mailed Home
Wednesday, April 4–End of 3rd Quarter
Friday, April 12 -Grades Mailed Home
Friday, May 10-End of Progress 4 Grading Period
Friday, May 17- Grades Mailed Home
Friday, June 14–End of 2nd Semester
Friday, June 21-Grades Mailed Home
ACHS CALENDAR EVENTS- (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|March 5||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|March 6||SAT / Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|March 7||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|March 11||Winter Sports Awards Night||Gym, 7:00pm|
|March 14||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|March 18||OUHSD Professional Development Day||No School|
|March 21||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|March 22||Talent Show||Gym, 6:00pm|
|March 25||Scorpion Showcase / Open House||MINIMUM DAY|
|March 28||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|April 2||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|April 4||End of Third Quarter|
|April 8||Teacher’s Choice Awards||Gym, 6:00pm|
|April 15 – 19||Spring Break||No School|
|April 24||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|
|April 25||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|April 28 – May 1||WASC Visit|
|April 30 – May 1||Blood Drive||Cafeteria|
|May 1||College Signing Day||Quad|
|May 2||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|May 6 – 17||AP Testing||VCOE / ACHS|
|May 7||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|May 9||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|May 14||Spring Sports Awards Night||Gym, 7:00pm|
|May 16||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|May 20||Academic Awards||Gym, 6:00pm|
|May 27||Memorial Day Holiday||No School|
|May 29||ELAC Meeting||Cafeteria, 6:00pm|
|May 30||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|June 3||Senior Awards||Gym, 6:00pm|
|June 4||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|June 7, 10, 11||Senior Finals||Regular Schedule|
|June 12 – 14||Semester 2 Finals||MINIMUM DAYS|
|June 14||Graduation||Stadium, 6:30pm|