* Summer school applications are available at the attendance window at nutrition and lunch. They must be returned by March 29.
* We have extended the Siggy Scholarship for one more week. Siggy was a beloved student at Cam High who passed from a brain tumor in college. His family would like to offer two $1,000 scholarships to deserving seniors who can answer the following question (no more than 1000 words): How will you use your college degree to contribute to your community, now or in the future? Also, you must turn in a transcript and turn all in by March 29th. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to turn in your essay and transcripts.
* Seniors: Please turn in your Senior Contract if you have not already done so. You will not be allowed to buy tickets for Grad Night or Prom or attend any senior activities until your form is completed and turned in. They can be picked up and turned in at the Student Window at the back of the office.
* The Art Department is having a student art show at CSUCI through April 4 in the CI Palm Temporary Gallery in Napa Hall. The art work displayed is based on the concept of students being part of Gen Z. Thank you for supporting the arts!
* Senior spirit wear is on sale and can be purchased at the ASB Bookkeeper window. $20 for a long sleeve t-shirt and $35 for a sweatshirt. Go out and get your spirit wear and support the senior class.
* Want to watch junior girls take on senior girls at the annual Powderpuff game? Get a presale ticket at the bookkeeper window for $5 or pay $7 at the door on 3/29 at 6pm. Epic Tacos food truck will be there. Have some dinner then watch some football.
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
- March 26th – Pull-Up Challenge with the Marine Corps during lunch at the College & Career Center.
- March 27th – Ventura College Workshop during 3rd and 4th periods. Please sign up at the College & Career Center if you’re interested.
- March 27th – Navy representative will be visiting during lunch at the College & Career Center.
- March 29th – E.I. School of Professional Makeup will be visiting the College & Career Center during lunch. Come and stop by to see their incredible work.
- April 8th – Army National Guard will be visiting the College & Career Center during lunch.
- April 9th – NCPS Resume Workshop at the College & Career Center at lunch.
- April 11th – Stony Brook University from New York will be visiting the College & Career Center at lunch.
- April 12th – UC Merced will be visiting during 3rd period. Please sign up at the College & Career Center if you’re interested.
- May 18th – Needing Student Volunteers for ” Operation Ride for The Red” on May 18, 2019 (Ten students needed from 5:00am to 8:00am for set up and ten students needed from 4:00pm to 6:00pm for take down) Come sign up at the College & Career Center if you are interested.
* Scholarships have been uploaded to the ACHS College & Career Center Google Classroom. Please check them out and if you are not part of our class, sign up and join the classroom. Information to join is found below.
* If you are interested in summer jobs and volunteer programs, log into the College & Career Center Google Classroom to see what’s available.
* See what is going on in the College & Career Center, follow the twitter page @cccscorps; ACHS College & Career Center.
* Students you will no longer receive College & Career Center information via Naviance emails. Your only way to get information on what colleges/universities are visiting our campus and scholarship information will be by joining the College & Career Center Google Classroom. Join the classroom with code 8nelz8.
* Gay Straight Alliance Meeting: Wednesdays at lunch in room A-1.
* Do you enjoy watching the crazy antics of Spongebob and his friends from Bikini Bottom? Then come to roomT-3 on Wednesdays at lunch and see what all the buzz is about.
* Check out goscorps.com for all scores and schedules.
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE:
Wednesday, April 4–End of 3rd Quarter
Friday, April 12 -Grades Mailed Home
Friday, May 10-End of Progress 4 Grading Period
Friday, May 17- Grades Mailed Home
Friday, June 14–End of 2nd Semester
Friday, June 21-Grades Mailed Home
ACHS CALENDAR EVENTS- (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|March 25||Scorpion Showcase / Open House||MINIMUM DAY|
|March 28||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|April 2||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|April 4||End of Third Quarter|
|April 8||Teacher’s Choice Awards||Gym, 6:00pm|
|April 15 – 19||Spring Break||No School|
|April 24||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|
|April 25||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|April 28 – May 1||WASC Visit|
|April 30 – May 1||Blood Drive||Cafeteria|
|May 1||College Signing Day||Quad|
|May 2||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|May 6 – 17||AP Testing||VCOE / ACHS|
|May 7||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|May 9||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|May 14||Spring Sports Awards Night||Gym, 7:00pm|
|May 16||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|May 20||Academic Awards||Gym, 6:00pm|
|May 27||Memorial Day Holiday||No School|
|May 29||ELAC Meeting||Cafeteria, 6:00pm|
|May 30||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|June 3||Senior Awards||Gym, 6:00pm|
|June 4||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|June 7, 10, 11||Senior Finals||Regular Schedule|
|June 12 – 14||Semester 2 Finals||MINIMUM DAYS|
|June 14||Graduation||Stadium, 6:30pm|