* Attention all work experience students. You must pick up an Employee Evaluation form from D-4 or B-5. Pick up the form as soon as you can from D-4 or B-5. Turn in the completed form to D-4 or B-5 by Friday, April 5th.
* The annual OUHSD Art Show will be held at the Channel Islands Maritime Museum on April 1 – April 29. Ten artworks from ACHS will be on display among artworks from each school site. Make sure to attend the reception on Tuesday, April 9 from 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm to vote for your favorite ACHS artwork!
* The Art Department is having a student art show at CSUCI through April 4 in the CI Palm Temporary Gallery in Napa Hall. The art work displayed is based on the concept of students being part of Gen Z. Thank you for supporting the arts!
* Senior spirit wear is on sale and can be purchased at the ASB Bookkeeper window. $20 for a long sleeve t-shirt and $35 for a sweatshirt. Go out and get your spirit wear and support the senior class.
* SPIRIT WEEK APRIL 1-5-Theme is “SPRING”
- Monday-Flower power-wear floral or 60’s wear
- Tuesday-Spring Bling–wear your bling jewelry
- Wednesday-Spring Training-Wear your sports wear
- Thursday-“Harvest” day-wear your overalls and farmer gear
- Friday-Class Colors-Freshmen white-Sophomores blue-Juniors green-Seniors pink-Staff yellow
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
* The Ventura College Financial Aid Office and Associated Students of Ventura College will be holding a special event – “It’s Not Too Late to Apply”:
- Tuesday, April 2nd
- Main Quad at Ventura College-11:00am to 2:00pm
- Ventura College East Campus-5:00pm to 7:00pm
Students are being encouraged to apply for financial aid for the 2018-19 and 2019-20 academic years – it’s not too late! – Come and get information on various VC resources, as well as financial aid. Refreshments will be served, In addition, April 2 is Autism Acceptance Day and Associated Students of Ventura College will be hosting a table with information.
- April 8th – Army National Guard will be visiting the College & Career Center during lunch.
- April 9th – NCPS Resume Workshop at the College & Career Center at lunch.
- April 11th – Stony Brook University from New York will be visiting the College & Career Center at lunch.
- April 12th – UC Merced will be visiting during 3rd period. Please sign up at the College & Career Center if you’re interested.
- May 18th – Needing Student Volunteers for ” Operation Ride for The Red” on May 18, 2019 (Ten students needed from 5:00am to 8:00am for set up and ten students needed from 4:00pm to 6:00pm for take down) Come sign up at the College & Career Center if you are interested.
* Scholarships have been uploaded to the ACHS College & Career Center Google Classroom. Please check them out and if you are not part of our class, sign up and join the classroom. Information to join is found below.
* If you are interested in summer jobs and volunteer programs, log into the College & Career Center Google Classroom to see what’s available.
* See what is going on in the College & Career Center, follow the twitter page @cccscorps; ACHS College & Career Center.
* Students you will no longer receive College & Career Center information via Naviance emails. Your only way to get information on what colleges/universities are visiting our campus and scholarship information will be by joining the College & Career Center Google Classroom. Join the classroom with code 8nelz8.
* Gay Straight Alliance Meeting: Wednesdays at lunch in room A-1.
* Do you enjoy watching the crazy antics of Spongebob and his friends from Bikini Bottom? Then come to roomT-3 on Wednesdays at lunch and see what all the buzz is about.
* Check out goscorps.com for all scores and schedules.
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE:
Wednesday, April 4–End of 3rd Quarter
Friday, April 12 -Grades Mailed Home
Friday, May 10-End of Progress 4 Grading Period
Friday, May 17- Grades Mailed Home
Friday, June 14–End of 2nd Semester
Friday, June 21-Grades Mailed Home
ACHS CALENDAR EVENTS- (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|April 2||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|April 4||End of Third Quarter|
|April 8||Teacher’s Choice Awards||Gym, 6:00pm|
|April 15 – 19||Spring Break||No School|
|April 24||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|
|April 25||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|April 28 – May 1||WASC Visit|
|April 30 – May 1||Blood Drive||Cafeteria|
|May 1||College Signing Day||Quad|
|May 2||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|May 6 – 17||AP Testing||VCOE / ACHS|
|May 7||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|May 9||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|May 14||Spring Sports Awards Night||Gym, 7:00pm|
|May 16||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|May 20||Academic Awards||Gym, 6:00pm|
|May 27||Memorial Day Holiday||No School|
|May 29||ELAC Meeting||Cafeteria, 6:00pm|
|May 30||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|June 3||Senior Awards||Gym, 6:00pm|
|June 4||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|June 7, 10, 11||Senior Finals||Regular Schedule|
|June 12 – 14||Semester 2 Finals||MINIMUM DAYS|
|June 14||Graduation||Stadium, 6:30pm|