* The annual OUHSD Art Show will be held at the Channel Islands Maritime Museum on April 1 – April 29. Ten artworks from ACHS will be on display among artworks from each school site. Thank you for supporting the arts!
* Senior spirit wear is on sale and can be purchased at the ASB Bookkeeper window. $20 for a long sleeve t-shirt and $35 for a sweatshirt. Go out and get your spirit wear and support the senior class.
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
- April 22nd – Army National Guard visiting at lunch at the College & Career Center.
- April 23rd – NCPS Resume Workshop during lunch at the College & Career Center.
- May 14th – NCPS Making Summer Matter Workshop during lunch at the College & Career Center.
- May 18th – Needing Student Volunteers for ” Operation Ride For The Red” on May 18, 2019 (Ten students needed from 5:00am to 8:00am for set up and ten students needed from 4:00pm to 6:00pm for take down) Come sign up at the College & Career Center if you are interested.
- May 22nd – Oxnard College Workshop during lunch at the College & Career Center.
* Scholarships have been uploaded to the ACHS College & Career Center Google Classroom. Please check them out and if you are not part of our class, sign up and join the classroom. Information to join is found below.
* Summer Jobs and Summer Volunteer Programs:
– City of Port Hueneme is now hiring for Summer 2019 Lifeguard Staff. Go to www.governmentjobs.com/careers/porthueneme
– California Strawberry Festival is looking for high school student volunteers. Volunteer forms are located at the College & Career Center and can also be found at the ACHS College & Career Center Google Classroom.
– If you are interested in other summer jobs and volunteer programs, log into the ACHS College & Career Center Google Classroom to see what’s available.
* See what is going on in the College & Career Center, follow the twitter page @cccscorps; ACHS College & Career Center.
* Students you will no longer receive College & Career Center information via Naviance emails. Your only way to get information on what colleges/universities are visiting our campus and scholarship information will be by joining the College & Career Center Google Classroom. Join the classroom with code 8nelz8.
* Do you enjoy watching the crazy antics of Spongebob and his friends from Bikini Bottom? Then come to room T-3 on Wednesdays at lunch and see what all the buzz is about.
* Check out goscorps.com for all scores and schedules.
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE:
Friday, May 10-End of Progress 4 Grading Period
Friday, May 17- Grades Mailed Home
Friday, June 14–End of 2nd Semester
Friday, June 21-Grades Mailed Home
ACHS CALENDAR EVENTS- (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|April 24||ELAC Meeting||Library, 6:00pm|
|April 25||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|April 28 – May 1||WASC Visit|
|April 30 – May 1||Blood Drive||Cafeteria|
|May 1||College Signing Day||Quad|
|May 2||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|May 6 – 17||AP Testing||VCOE / ACHS|
|May 7||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|May 9||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|May 14||Spring Sports Awards Night||Gym, 7:00pm|
|May 16||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|May 20||Academic Awards||Gym, 6:00pm|
|May 27||Memorial Day Holiday||No School|
|May 29||ELAC Meeting||Cafeteria, 6:00pm|
|May 30||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|June 3||Senior Awards||Gym, 6:00pm|
|June 4||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|June 7, 10, 11||Senior Finals||Regular Schedule|
|June 12 – 14||Semester 2 Finals||MINIMUM DAYS|
|June 14||Graduation||Stadium, 6:30pm|