* Seniors: If you still haven’t turned in your senior contract, you must do so before you will be allowed to purchase your prom or grad night tickets or attend any senior activities including graduation. Forms are available on the counter in the office.
* Prom tickets are on sale now for $85, price increases to $95 on May 6. There are only 8 tickets left for Grad Night if you haven’t purchased yours yet and would like to go.
* ACHS Drama Presents Agatha Christie’s, “The Mousetrap”. Tickets are $5 for all ACHS students.
- Thursday, May 2nd and Friday, May 3rd at 7:00 pm
- Saturday, May 4th at 2:00 pm
* Senior spirit wear is on sale and can be purchased at the ASB Bookkeeper window. $20 for a long sleeve t-shirt and $35 for a sweatshirt. Go out and get your spirit wear and support the senior class.
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
- May 14th – NCPS Making Summer Matter Workshop during lunch at the College & Career Center.
- May 18th – Needing Student Volunteers for ” Operation Ride for The Red” on May 18, 2019 (Ten students needed from 5:00am to 8:00am for set up and ten students needed from 4:00pm to 6:00pm for take down) Come sign up at the College & Career Center if you are interested.
- May 22nd – Oxnard College Workshop during lunch at the College & Career Center.
* Scholarships have been uploaded to the ACHS College & Career Center Google Classroom. Please check them out and if you are not part of our class, sign up and join the classroom. Information to join is found below.
* Summer Jobs and Summer Volunteer Programs:
– City of Port Hueneme is now hiring for Summer 2019 Lifeguard Staff. Go to www.governmentjobs.com/careers/porthueneme
– California Strawberry Festival is looking for high school student volunteers. Volunteer forms are located at the College & Career Center and can also be found at the ACHS College & Career Center Google Classroom.
– If you are interested in other summer jobs and volunteer programs, log into the ACHS College & Career Center Google Classroom to see what’s available.
* See what is going on in the College & Career Center, follow the twitter page @cccscorps; ACHS College & Career Center.
* Students you will no longer receive College & Career Center information via Naviance emails. Your only way to get information on what colleges/universities are visiting our campus and scholarship information will be by joining the College & Career Center Google Classroom. Join the classroom with code 8nelz8.
* Do you enjoy watching the crazy antics of Spongebob and his friends from Bikini Bottom? Then come to room T-3 on Wednesdays at lunch and see what all the buzz is about.
* Check out goscorps.com for all scores and schedules.
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE:
Friday, May 10-End of Progress 4 Grading Period
Friday, May 17- Grades Mailed Home
Friday, June 14–End of 2nd Semester
Friday, June 21-Grades Mailed Home
ACHS CALENDAR EVENTS- (Note: Dates & Times subject to change)
|April 28 – May 1||WASC Visit|
|April 30 – May 1||Blood Drive||Cafeteria|
|May 1||College Signing Day||Quad|
|May 2||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|May 6 – 17||AP Testing||VCOE / ACHS|
|May 7||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|May 9||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|May 14||Spring Sports Awards Night||Gym, 7:00pm|
|May 16||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|May 20||Academic Awards||Gym, 6:00pm|
|May 27||Memorial Day Holiday||No School|
|May 29||ELAC Meeting||Cafeteria, 6:00pm|
|May 30||Collegial Day||Collegial Schedule|
|June 3||Senior Awards||Gym, 6:00pm|
|June 4||PTSA Meeting||Library, 6:30pm|
|June 7, 10, 11||Senior Finals||Regular Schedule|
|June 12 – 14||Semester 2 Finals||MINIMUM DAYS|
|June 14||Graduation||Stadium, 6:30pm|