* Meeting at lunch Monday, 6/10/19 in the Athletic Training room (N-2) for anyone interested in being a Sports Medicine Student Aide for the 2019-2020 school year. This will include opportunities to volunteer over the summer and the development of a Sports Medicine Club in the fall. Anyone who is interested should come to room N-2 at lunch on Monday, 6/10/19. If you can’t make the lunch meeting on Monday, you can stop by the training room after school Monday or Tuesday, or after 6th period finals on Wednesday.
* If you are a senior and have passed the State Seal of Biliteracy Exam and/or if you have taken up to a level 4 of a World Language, you received an invitation to pick up your graduation cords. We will be passing out the cords in the drama room during lunch on June 11th to all those with invitations. Please do NOT lose your invitation. It is your ticket to receive a cord!
* Juniors taking English 3AP next year, if you haven’t received the Summer Reading assignment from your English teacher, please come see Ms. Markson in room L-6 for the paperwork and the book.
* Any current freshmen interested in taking English 2H next year needs to see Mrs. Carey in room L-4 to pick up the summer assignment. The assignment can also be found at this link:
* Seniors: If you still haven’t turned in your senior contract, please see Mrs. Westbrook in the office. It must be turned In before you will be allowed to participate in senior activities, including graduation.
* Through the summer of 2019, transit operators in Ventura County join together to implement the College Ride Pilot Program that allows students enrolled at California Lutheran University, California State University Channel Islands, Moorpark College, Oxnard College and Ventura College to ride any bus anywhere in Ventura County for free. To board, students need only show their student ID to the driver. Students can take the bus anywhere, anytime, not just to or from school. By taking transit, students are able to save money on gas and parking passes, relieve stress associated with traffic or crowded parking lots and improve the environment by reducing auto emissions. The College Ride Pilot Program is awaiting confirmation that the program will continue into the 2019-2020 school year.
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER:
* If you are interested in summer jobs and volunteer programs, log into the ACHS College & Career Center Google Classroom to see what’s available.
* See what is going on in the College & Career Center, follow the twitter page @cccscorps; ACHS College & Career Center.
* Girls’ Basketball Try-outs: Anyone interested in trying out for Girls’ Basketball, please attend try-outs at 10 am on Saturday, June 15th in the gym. Be sure to get cleared at athleticclearance.com prior to the try-out day.
* Check out goscorps.com for all scores and schedules.
OXNARD UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT: GRADE REPORT SCHEDULE:
Friday, June 14–End of 2nd Semester
Friday, June 21-Grades Mailed Home
ACHS CALENDAR EVENTS-
|June 7, 10, 11||Senior Finals||Regular Schedule|
|June 12 – 14||Semester 2 Finals||MINIMUM DAYS|
|June 14||Graduation||Stadium, 6:30pm|