First, if you haven’t already done so, please set aside 16 minutes to watch this kick-off webinar recording early this week. During the session, you will be introduced to the YouthTruth and talk about what you’ll need to do to prepare for surveying.
SURVEY IMPLEMENTATION GUIDE
Next, your school’s Survey Implementation Guide, located on our online platform, contains everything you need to prepare for survey implementation. To access this guide:
Existing Users, follow these instructions to log in with your existing username and password:
- Visit youthtruthsurvey.org,
- select “Login” in the upper right-hand corner,
- and login with your email address as your username
- If you don’t remember your password, click here to reset it.
New Users, follow these instructions to set-up a password for the first time:
- Click here
- Enter your email address
- Note: only those of you who received this email directly from YouthTruth’s Whitney Ivie have accounts set up for you. Anyone who receives this email as a forward does not have an account and will not be able to log in. If you would like any of your colleagues to have access to the guide, please feel free to share your username and password with them.
- Click “new password”
- Once you submit your email address, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions on how to set your unique password. If you don’t receive the email within a couple of minutes, please check your spam folder. If you still don’t receive the email, it’s likely the email is being flagged as spam by your network’s web filter before it even makes its way through to the spam folder. In this case, please coordinate with your district’s IT department to have the @surveyresults.org domain added to your list of safe senders.
Once you’re logged in, please do the following:
- Open your school’s Survey Implementation Guide
- Click on “STUDENT SURVEY” in the report contents toolbar on the left hand side, for instructions, student login codes (to print and cut out), and your school’s unique student survey URL.
- Click on “STAFF SURVEY” in the report contents toolbar on the left hand side, for instructions, staff login codes (to print and cut out), and your school’s unique staff survey URL.
- Click on “FAMILY SURVEY” in the report contents toolbar on the left hand side, for instructions, family survey communication templates, and the shared district-wide family survey URL.
Two important notes:
- SURVEYS ARE AVAILABLE NOW: Please note that while the survey window is advertised as February 18 – 28, all surveys are technically open and available now, so if you’d like to get a head start surveying, please feel free. I won’t be in touch until February 18th to remind you that the official survey window has kicked off, but any responses received between now and survey close will be captured and included in your final reports. If you do get a head start – which can especially be helpful for Family surveying – and need support, I’m here and available to help!
- FAMILY SURVEY OUTREACH: Because parents/guardians are not a captive audience like students and staff are, it’s essential to begin engaging parents and guardians around the survey opportunity immediately on February 18th (or sooner, if possible!) which is the official first day of the survey window. Schools that send reminders about every other of day – using all available modes of communication (emails, robo calls, newsletters, website pop-ups, flyers, etc) – during the two week window will have the most success receiving a useful amount of feedback from parents and guardians. Schools who don’t engage parents/guardians right away and frequently, may not receive enough feedback for us to be able to create a report (we require at least 10 responses minimum, but hope you will receive much more). Visit the “Family Survey” section of your Survey Implementation Guide for helpful plug-and-play communication templates and other resources to use in your outreach.
Here’s the timeline for our work together, so you can mark the dates in your calendar:
- February 3 – 14: Prepare for surveying by following the instructions in the Survey Implementation Guide
- February 18 – March 20: This is the official survey window for schools to survey as many students, staff, and family members as possible during (feel free to get a head start!).
- March 31: YouthTruth to share reports.
- April 27: My colleague Dr. Jen de Forest looks forward to facilitating an in-person student workshop, to engage students from across the district around their feedback data.